How a user who does not have confluence page edit permission but still can edit/DELET the confiforms

Sumit Goel January 29, 2020

How a user who does not have confluence page edit permission but still can edit/DELETE the confiforms.

I do not have a list of user , so a user on my form can be random. so i cannot restrict the edit permission by adding a list of user.

1 answer

0 votes
Alex Medved _ConfiForms_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 30, 2020

This page explains how ConfiForms and Confluence page permissions work together https://wiki.vertuna.com/display/CONFIFORMS/Confluence+page+permissions+and+ConfiForms

Also it explains how to set "additional" form admins or super users on the forms that are configured on the pages with restricted "edit" permissions

Restrictions/permissions shall be assigned to user groups, not on specific users - this makes it much more maintainable

Sumit Goel January 30, 2020

Thanks @Alex Medved _ConfiForms_ 

Actually i have created a registration form with a Table view where a user could see who all other users who have registered for the session. Now I also want to give a option to user to opt out of the session and deregister himself with the help of 'delete' functionality in edit control of confiforms. But here i wanted to put a restriction that people who dont have edit rights of the page (since i am not aware who is going to register for the session) and have made a entry on confiform , can have the right to delete a record as well , this can be easily done by adding a user name to super user list. But i want something genric like (if i can add "._user" ie the user who created the record can delete the record without even having the edit permission of page ) 

Hope this is possible .

Alex Medved _ConfiForms_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 30, 2020

Well, if you restrict the page (edit permissions) then users who have no edit permissions on the page could only manage (edit/delete) the records they have created (actually the records they own)

As each record is owned by someone (exception is records created by anonymous users)

Like Sumit Goel likes this

Yes @Alex Medved _ConfiForms_  this is i wanted to achieve that user who dont have edit permission of the confluence page but have created a record in the confiform are able to delete the record . Can you please tell me how to achieve this?

Alex Medved _ConfiForms_
Rising Star
Rising Star
January 30, 2020

My previous comment was just about it... you restrict the page edit permissions on the page for those who shall be allowed to edit all the records

and have view permissions on the page for a the other users (who shall be able to edit only own records)

Page permissions I have set to view only for everyone , actually i need help in setting the permission for confiform (since i dont know who is going to be the user of my form ,but i want whoever make a entry in form can edit that form) how can i achieve this ?

Can i set permission in confiform for superuser like [entry._user] that means whoever created the record can edit that record .. will this work ?if not then what is the right approach ?

Alex Medved _ConfiForms_
Rising Star
Rising Star
January 30, 2020

RESTRICT the edit permissions on the page! 

PS, I dont understand what this "confiform for superuser like [entry._user]" means and why you need this at all. No, this is not the right approach and the right approach was given in the first comment, really...

Sumit Goel January 31, 2020

One I restrict the edit permission on the Page to "View" only.

Then a user cannot see the DELETE button on  the Table view even though he is the creator of the entry.

That is why I am trying to make every user who make a entry on the form a super user so that he can edit/delete the entry on form.

an owner could change entry data (unless edit functionality is disabled, but only in the fields which are not restricted to this user)

Screen Shot 2018-01-17 at 10.12.39.png

Alex Medved _ConfiForms_
Rising Star
Rising Star
January 31, 2020

What is the storage format for the "view" you have and what are the settings for "ConfiForms Edit Controls" in that view?

Confiform I have created is a Registration form with 3 fields :-

1 Name ,2 Email ,3 Location. So once a user register in a form then his entry is shown as a Table view where I wanted to show a Delete button so that a user who created the entry (Owner) can delete his record if he wish to.

Restriction on Page - Editing Restricted 

Edit controls on Confiform - 1.Show both Edit/ Delete button

2.Hide edit record  button  

Hide controls when stored data  matches this criteria :- !createdBy:[entry._user]

these are the controls and a brief idea of my view i am trying to create.

Now if I restrict the page edit permission to view only then Edit/Delete buttons are not visible.

Alex Medved _ConfiForms_
Rising Star
Rising Star
January 31, 2020

Why do you have this?

2.Hide edit record  button  

Hide controls when stored data  matches this criteria :- !createdBy:[entry._user]

these are the controls and a brief idea of my view i am trying to create.

Restricting the page edit permissions is enough as said earlier

BTW, are you using ConfiForms server/data center or cloud?

2.Hide edit record  button  - To Show only delete button not edit

Hide controls when stored data  matches this criteria :- !createdBy:[entry._user]-  So That only owner of the entry can delete a record not everyone .

Restricting the page edit permissions is enough as said earlier- Limits the user to edit/Delete the entry in  confiform as well try doing this once. 

I am using cloud 

FYI

The ConfiForms Plugin uses Confluence's page permissions to control form use. Users with 'edit' permission for a page have administrative rights for the form(s) defined on that page. By restricting 'edit' rights to the page, the administrator controls administrative rights to its form(s).

https://wiki.vertuna.com/display/CONFIFORMS/Confluence+page+permissions+and+ConfiForms

Alex Medved _ConfiForms_
Rising Star
Rising Star
January 31, 2020

Not sure what this comment is about, but this is exactly what I am telling you

Restrict EDIT permissions on the page and users who have no EDIT permissions will be able to edit/delete only own records

(please use the default options for Edit Controls!)

That is all what you need

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events