How Can I enable the Apps tab to only one group of people?

Ashok Kumar Ch July 22, 2020

Hi,

In Jira cloud, How Can I enable the Apps tab to be display to one group of people?

1 answer

0 votes
Sachin
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 22, 2020

Hello @Ashok Kumar Ch , the "apps" tab from your settings menu and .. next to Link issue on your ticket is only Available to people who are part of jira-administrators and site-admins group, so make sure whom you add to these groups. This is really important as it can allow them to perform lots of other Administrative tasks. It is also important that you determine the number of administrators needed to properly support the application. Keep it minimum.

You can goto Settings (cog) --> User Management --> Groups --> Looks for jira-administrators/site-admins group and add/remove the members from these groups.

Answer to your question is No there is noway to only allow group of people to see just Apps tab in Jira.

Ashok Kumar Ch July 27, 2020

Hi Sachin,

Thanks for the reply, somehow we have limited ppl of site-admins as well as jira administrators group.

However My organisation all the users are able to see the Timesheet and Zeplin for Jira Settings Apps.

I want those to be control to Administrators group

Looking for your help

Screenshot 2020-07-27 at 2.51.24 PM.png

Sachin
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 27, 2020

hello @Ashok Kumar Ch , so there should be a separate section to control the access for those two plugins. I see that Zeplin for Jira is a free plugin and I can't find any documentation in regards to permissions for that addon. I would open a ticket with them for more info - https://support.zeplin.io/en/. What plugin is Timesheet? is it tempo timesheets or Timesheet tracking for jira ?

Ashok Kumar Ch July 27, 2020

Currently we are using Timesheet tracking for Jira plugin

Sachin
Rising Star
Rising Star
July 27, 2020

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events