High level requirements

Grace Mary February 3, 2016

I am currently evaluating different plugins to help us solve a couple of different challenges, and I would like to hear from someone who can help me understand more of your tools capabilities. Please have someone give me a run on the items below:

1.  Project tracking

a.  project schedule

b.  resource allocation

c.  Project tracking

2.  Dashboards

a.  Project status

b.  Program status

c.  Resource allocation

3.  Project reporting

a.  ad-hoc reporting

b.  tracking actual to estimates

4.  Time sheet

Thank you

1 answer

0 votes
Matthew Jagiello
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 3, 2016

1.  Project tracking
        a.  project schedule

BigPicture lets you create a project schedule, in multiple ways. One is to use a high-quality Gantt chart (with dependencies, parent-child relationships, milestones, and critical apth). The other is our upcoming new Roadmap module, which will be extremely useful for the high-level planning. Both the Roadmap and Gantt can use the same set of data, they just have different interfaces and concepts so you can choose whichever suits your needs more.

b.  resource allocation

Since version 3.0, BigPicture features an advanced Resource management module. It has warnings of over and under allocation, teams and much more.

c.  Project tracking

You can track your projects in multiple ways. The Risk matrix gives you a quick overview of all tasks that are in danger, Critical Path on Gantt highlights the delays automatically, you can use baselines (more on this a bit below) and track progress on tasks either via custom fields, either standard JIRA time tracking.

2.  Dashboards

You can use our dedicated JIRA Dashboard gadgets to quickly display data in convenient containers (widgets). This includes the Program list, Gantt and Risk matrix. Resources gadget is not yet available, but is coming soon and you potentially can work around this, for instance by creating Gantts based on the filter assignee= and displaying 1 small gadget for each resource, stacked in a grid.

3.  Project reporting

BigPicture allows you to export your data to MS Project and Excel, with more file formats and options coming soon. As far as tracking estimates vs actual status goes, you can use baselines, markers and milestones to achieve this.

4.  Time sheet

BigPicture does not currently have a time sheet per se, but you can build a Gantt that has only columns containing any data you want to work around this. It will look and work like any standard timesheet, just be called a Gantt in our tool.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events