Hiding Tempo Plugin on default issue screen

Joscha Jenni December 17, 2013

Is it possible to hide the tempo plugin section on a issue?

6 answers

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Susanne Götz [Tempo]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 17, 2013

This is a global configuration and will affect all issues. Please have in mind that the Tempo section in an Issue only shows the hours logged by yourself, it does not display hour logged by other users.

Mark Lang October 28, 2016

I wanted to ask again about if and when this might be changed to be configurable by project.  We have only a few projects that want this section and the other project admins are adamant about not having tempo showing up on their projects at all.  Has this been worked on or can it be added soon?  I'd hate to have to remove the plugin completely over this.  

Like # people like this
David J November 17, 2022

Please check below, we found a solution to this using Matthew Beda's approach using ScriptRunner.

3 votes
Susanne Götz [Tempo]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 17, 2013

Hi,

you can hide the Tempo section in the issue by disabling a module.

You need to go to Administration-> Add-ons, Manage Add-ons. Expand Tempo Timesheets and click the + next to the modules enabled. This opens the list of modules. Disable the "tempo-worklogs-module" and the Tempo section of the Issue will be hidden.

Kind regards

Susanne (Tempo)

Joscha Jenni December 17, 2013

Thx Susanne!

Is there a possibility to configure it for each project or is this configuration always general?

Cheers, Joscha

YC March 4, 2015

I need this too. Tempo is installed for a specific team but it's affecting all users now.

Ryan Michael Kearney October 28, 2016

Hi Susanne, do you have any info to share on this?

Thank you,

Ryan

Wim Deblauwe January 27, 2017

Does not seem to be possible, I get "Module cannot be modified" (Using JIRA in the cloud)

Hlynur Johnsen
Rising Star
Rising Star
February 20, 2017

Update: We have had customers reporting that disabling the Tempo panel may cause performance degradation in some browsers.

I would like to add to this, that although it is possible to disable the entire modules via the JIRA Plugin manager, we do not recommend disabling individual Tempo modules.  We cannot guarantee that the software works as expected when one or more modules are disabled.

Kind Regards,

Hlynur Johnsen

Product Manager - Tempo

Wim Deblauwe February 20, 2017

Do you have plans to add a setting for this so people can do this in an offical way?

Valerie Verveda June 16, 2017

Does not seem to be possible, I get "Module cannot be modified" (Using JIRA in the cloud)

Daniel Sandoval July 17, 2017

We don't use Tempo and it is a default field every time we create a new project. This is a maintence issue and our administrators spend too much time removing the default field every time a project is created.

Please allow us to remove this feature globally (on JIRA Cloud)

Daniel Sandoval July 17, 2017

This is resolved for me. For future people with this issue, I found the option to do this:

Screen Shot 2017-07-17 at 9.49.48 AM.png

https://[YOUR-CLOUD-DOMAIN].atlassian.net/secure/admin/TimeTrackingAdmin.jspa

Viktor Nikolenko July 9, 2018

I've disabled Time tracking in Jira Cloud, but still see Tempo sections everywhere in stories preview and main screens :(

2 votes
Matthew Beda May 14, 2020

I Currently use Scriptrunner to hide the UI Panel for users without WORK_ON_ISSUES Permission for the project.

Scriptrunner -> Fragments -> Hide System or Plugin UI element

Hide What: 

com.tempoplugin.tempo-core:tempo-issue-view-panel

Condition:

import com.atlassian.jira.component.ComponentAccessor
import com.atlassian.jira.security.plugin.ProjectPermissionKey
def issueManager = ComponentAccessor.issueManager

def project = jiraHelper.project?.key
def user = ComponentAccessor.getJiraAuthenticationContext().getLoggedInUser()

if (project != null){
def permissionManager = ComponentAccessor.getPermissionManager()
if(permissionManager.hasPermission(new ProjectPermissionKey("WORK_ON_ISSUES"), issue, user)){
return true
}
}
return false

David J November 17, 2022

Thank you @Matthew Beda this is brilliant!

We were looking for a way to disable the Tempo section in a specific project, and found your script to be a great basis to do so (by the way, Tempo have added your script and  link to here, to their documentation).

The only change we made was change the condition to the below, and it's working like a charm on Tempo v15.9.1 (Jira Server v8.20.x)

! (jiraHelper.project?.key in ["MYPROJECTKEY"])
Like Daniel Noack likes this
2 votes
Rajat November 28, 2019

Go to JIRA Administration->System->Global Permissions.

Remove all the groups under Tempo Timesheets Access.

Create a new group "xyz" and add users who want to see tempo timesheets on issues.

Associate this "xyz" group to Tempo Timesheets Access.

Now tempo timesheet will only appear for users who are in the "xyz" group.

stam_epicmorg February 11, 2020

thank you

0 votes
liufeng March 20, 2020

In the plug-in version (9.5.0) I used, the disabled modules are as follows:

1、System Plugin: Tempo Core -> tempo-issue-view-panel

2、Tempo Timesheets -> collaboratorsmodule

Deswik IT June 29, 2020

Thank you.  Can confirm Tempo Core -> tempo-issue-view-panel also works in 10.x

Pavel Junek
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 23, 2020

Great! Thank you

0 votes
Walter Haas August 31, 2018

Create unique Permissions scheme for projects without Tempo.
Remove roles from permission "Work On Issues", this will hide the panel, but also hide "Log work" from Main Menu.

danna deaton March 18, 2019

That worked until we upgraded to Tempo 9.3.  Now it shows:

THERE ARE NO PLANS FOR YOU TO SEE FOR THIS ISSUE.

No plans have been created for this issue.

and has a button called Plan Time.

Why on earth would they have Plan Time show up for a project that doesn't log time?  And no, we do not have the Tempo Planner Add-on.

Any idea?  I cannot find anything.

Like # people like this
Jonathan Chatwin May 8, 2019

Have the same problem. Upgrading from 8.x to 9.x latest and this plan time button appears and users are so confused as we don't use Tempo Planner. How do we hide the plan time from the issue screen and from the Timesheets addon itself? Anyone figure it out? 

Like Matthew Beda likes this

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events