Hide widget on specific projects

Mohamed Rebai May 26, 2020

Hi folks!

I'm new to the Jira's world.

I just added an app from the Marketplace, and this app do is, add a widget in all the issues/bug views, in the right column, so we can track time on an external tool (Harvest)

The problem is, i don't want to track time on all projects, i only need to do it for some of them. And that's why i don't want this widget to be shown on all projects, otherwise a lot of people will complain and ask questions about this widget as they don't track time on their projects.

In the project settings section, i tried to hide the widget in the issue layout section, or the fields section, but the added widget is never listed with the other fields, so i'm not able de decide to show it or not. 

Can someone please help?

Thanks a lot!

1 answer

0 votes
Daniel Eads
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
June 1, 2020

Hi @Mohamed Rebai , welcome to the Community!

In Jira Cloud, apps typically add their interface to issues using the "atl.jira.view.issue.right.context" location in the UI. For the Harvest Time Tracking (Official) app, I've had a look and they don't include any controls for enabling/disabling the panel in individual projects.

My best advice would be to contact Harvest support here and ask if they can add functionality to limit per-project in their app. The app as it is today doesn't have any configuration in Jira outside where the panel sits on issues - it might be more than Harvest is interested in building. But it doesn't hurt to ask!

Cheers,
Daniel

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events