Hide Tempo Menu in case of not being allowed to write time

Evert Kroll May 22, 2015

Hi,

We use JIRA with our customers and they don't need to write hours. I disabled this is by removing them in the Permission scheme from the "work-on" permission. That works

But now they see the TEMPO menu; is there a way to remove that one from them?

13 answers

0 votes
Evert Kroll August 23, 2015

Hi Frank,

Will certainly do

Informed TEMPO that I am running all the latest versions and now pending their answer

Evert

Karolin Blunk September 28, 2017

Has there ever been a solution for this? I am currently facing the same issue. Our users are our customers and they must not see the accounts and related customers, but they do. What a big Fail!

0 votes
Frank Vidal August 22, 2015

Can you share the outcome of this issue once resolved?  I am having the same issue as well.

0 votes
Evert Kroll June 4, 2015

Done

0 votes
Susanne Götz [Tempo]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 3, 2015

Can you send an email to support@tempoplugin.com so I can create you as a user in our System. 

0 votes
Evert Kroll June 3, 2015

Tried to register but didn't get the mail that is needed confirm

Did it twice to ensure I didn't make a type smile 

0 votes
Evert Kroll June 3, 2015

Txs,

Will do

0 votes
Susanne Götz [Tempo]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 3, 2015

I think we should move this to our Tempo Support so I can include the development team.

Can you create a Support issue in our system https://tempoplugin.jira.com/wiki/display/JTS/Getting+Help+and+Support , add the Screenshots and I will send it on for investigation.

0 votes
Evert Kroll June 3, 2015

Hi,

To test / be sure I removed all groups from the TEMP Config, see screenshot

The Tempo Menu is still visible for a customer using our JIRA for a certain project.

The logged-on user is not an administrator.

How to continue?

Screen Shot 2015-06-03 at 14.00.26.png

0 votes
Susanne Götz [Tempo]
Rising Star
Rising Star
June 3, 2015

I was checking this with the development team and they inform me that the display of the Tempo dropdown is not only affected by the Time Tracking permission. 

The Tempo dropdown is showing if you are an Administrator, have the "Tempo Team Manager permission" or the Tempo Time Tracking permission. 

0 votes
Evert Kroll June 2, 2015

Screen Shot 2015-06-02 at 13.22.45.pngHi  Suzanne,

It is version 7.12.2 (Evuation)

Regards from "across the street" in case  you are working in Reykjavik

Evert

0 votes
Susanne Götz [Tempo]
Rising Star
Rising Star
June 2, 2015

Can you inform us about the version of Tempo Timesheets you are using as the Tempo dropdown was visible in some versions even to users that had no Tempo Time Tracking permission. It should no longer be available in the latest version.

0 votes
Evert Kroll May 31, 2015

Hi Susane,

Thanks for your answer and I tried that even before posting the question smile

I now removed all  Entries from the "Tempo Time Tracking" setting, and still the menu option is visible. The items in the menu are empty, but that user can still click on Teams etcScreen Shot 2015-05-31 at 15.25.41.png

Se combined sreenshots

0 votes
Susanne Götz [Tempo]
Rising Star
Rising Star
May 25, 2015

Hi Evert,

to hide the Tempo menu from users that do not need to log work, you need to remove these users from the "Tempo Time Tracking" permission (Tempo Administration, Tempo permissions). Please take a look at https://tempoplugin.jira.com/wiki/display/TEMPO0712/Tempo+Permissions for more information.

Kind regards,

Susanne

Christopher Mohr [codecentric] October 20, 2016

Hi @Susanne Götz [Tempo],

how does this work in Tempo Timesheets 8.1? I recently upgraded to this version and the Tempo permissions are now handled within the JIRA global permission administration. There is no "Tempo Time Tracking" permission anymore, so how do I make sure customers don't even see the Tempo menu button anymore like before?

Kind regards,

Chris

Susanne Götz [Tempo]
Rising Star
Rising Star
October 20, 2016

In Tempo Timesheets 8.1 the time tracking is controlled by the "Work on Issue" JIRA Project permission. Users that do not have this permission in any project should not get the Tempo dropdown in the header

Regards,

Susanne

Christopher Mohr [codecentric] October 20, 2016

Susanne,

thank you very much for your quick response! After all it does make sense (now that you mentioned it), that the Tempo menu is depending on having the log work permission in any project.

Greetings,

Chris

Christine Søndergaard Ravn February 26, 2017

Hi Susanne

We're having the same problem in Tempo Timesheets ver. 8.2.1. Even though we make sure that none of our customers have the "Work on Issue" JIRA Projekt permission, they are still able to access the Tempo menu from the top bar and to track time on issues. Is there anything else we can do in order to hide that menu from them? They should neither be able to see our time tracking nor be able to track time on any issues themselves. 

Thanks, in advance.

Best regards

Christine

Niels Laan June 16, 2017

Hi Christine,

I'm having the same problem. Did you find a solution?

Thanks!

Christine Søndergaard Ravn June 22, 2017

Hi Niels,

I am pretty sure there is a setting in the Tempo administration that allows you to secure that some users cannot register time etc. I do remember that we made it work. However, our Tempo trial has run out and I have no possibility to verify. 

I hope you figure it out!

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events