Hey admins, can we "force" a next gen app to accept a classic Scrum board?

Michael Glenn Williams April 18, 2021

We are trying to author a requirements document and create the epics and user stories as part of that authoring.

We have a real problem trying to use the relevant Apps. One of our Apps Requirements Testing Manager RTM only works with classic projects. RTM makes it possible to author the requirements, and allows us to link epics and components to each requirement by editing the new screen to add those fields. They say that the changes to the APIs in next-gen broke their App.

The other, EasyAgile user stories, only works with next/gen.  They require a Scrum board, but when I create a scrum board in the classic project, their UI doesn't appear. EasyAgile makes it "easy" to author the epics and user stories (although it doesn't allow us access to components within the "new" screen) 

Any thoughts how to get a complete solution?

Many thanks, Michael 

2 comments

Comment

Dave Liao
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 18, 2021

@Michael Glenn Williams - if you haven't yet, I'd also reach out to Easy Agile's support for advice on this.

Like # people like this
Elizabeth Cranston [Easy Agile] April 18, 2021

Hi @Michael Glenn Williams 

I’m Elizabeth, one of the Product Managers here at Easy Agile.

Sorry to hear you’re having some troubles. I can confirm that our app does in fact work with classic projects. To access your story map from a classic project board please follow these instructions.

although it doesn't allow us access to components within the "new" screen

When you quick create an issue on the story map, click on the issue key to open the edit dialog where you can add in your components.

If I have misunderstood your problems please reach out to us at support@easyagile.com and we can help you troubleshoot from there.

All the best,

Elizabeth

Like Dave Liao likes this
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events