Help needed with Notification Assistant

James Edmiston February 12, 2019

Hi all. This is my first time posting here. I'm looking to get some help with the Notification Assistant add-on.

Background: I have a project in Jira that we for tracking emails that are reported to us as phishing. A non-Jira user in our company can forward and email to us, and an issue is created in the Jira project.

The ask: I would like to use the Notification Assistant to reply to the person who sent in the email with a custom email message.

The problem: Our Jira project is not connected to our AD/LDAP infrastructure. We also do not add people as Jira users.

What I have done so far is create an email template. This went fine. I also created a Notification, and here is where I am running into problems. I'll outline what I've done, and where I am running into the problem itself.

Notification name and description is fine. I'm using a JIRA filter for new issues that are created. Threshhold to fire and restrict issue trigger are both set to 1, and the reset restriction cache is not checked.

The recipients section is where I am running into issues. I wanted to use the reporter on the people tab, but the person who sent in the email is not populated in that field. We use a service account for that. So I thought I would key off one of our custom fields. Namely "From Address". However when I click on that tab, there aren't any custom fields listed. It just says the following: "No custom fields of type Text Field, User Picker or Group Picker specified. You can add one here." When I click on the link to add one, it goes to the Custom Fields page, where I have tons of custom fields. The problem is that I can't choose one of those fields.

Any help getting past this point would be greatly appreciated. Is it because I need to configure the custom field a certain way to get it to show up in the Notification Assistant?

Thank you very much.

1 answer

0 votes
Boris Berenberg - Atlas Authority
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 6, 2020

Hi James,

When you create a issue in your phishing project, do you store the original reporter's email in any field?

Boris

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events