Having trouble with my IF and ELIF statements when using the advanced comparison feature

Maya Jenkins June 17, 2021

Hi,

I am trying to create an automation that updates the billing date based on whether the date is greater then the set billing date for each quarter and once that billing date occurs it generates a ticket and will auto update to the next quarterly billing date that has been set. 

However I have created a series of If and Elif statements that preform the comparison however only 1 of the Elif statements works even though the constraints for this statement are not met. I was wondering if there is perhaps a different way to implement elif statements.

1 answer

0 votes
Trudy Claspill
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 21, 2021

Hello @Maya Jenkins 

Welcome to the community.

Can you please show us the details of the rule you have created? It is difficult to help you debug it if we don't have the details.

Maya Jenkins June 21, 2021

Screen Shot 2021-06-22 at 9.25.10 am.pngScreen Shot 2021-06-22 at 9.25.40 am.pngScreen Shot 2021-06-22 at 9.35.00 am.pngScreen Shot 2021-06-22 at 9.35.12 am.png

Maya Jenkins June 21, 2021

This is the formatting for the Automation created, the date for Term 1 is in January 2021, Term 2 is in April and Term 3 is in July. It keeps skipping over all of them and grabbing the last one which is a date in 2022

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events