Having trouble with Microsoft Teams connection

jconnors224 August 13, 2020

So, I connected Jira Cloud to my Teams channel/space, had my Jira admin install the "Microsoft Teams for Jira Cloud" to our Jira instance, however when I then sign in using my SSO creds I get a "502 Bad Gateway" error.

Anyone else encounter this and know how to fix?

5 answers

6 votes
Elena Manolitsaki September 16, 2020

I had the same error, and tried opening the Jira integration in the browser version of Teams. It worked correctly and then I could open it from the desktop app as well. Maybe this helps?

Alex K September 25, 2020

This workaround worked for me.

Liber January 21, 2021

For me this worked when I tried it from MS Edge. For Chrome I got the 502 Bad gw.
As for you, once I got it to work through Edge, it started to work in the Teams app too.

1 vote
billysentana September 22, 2020

Hi Is the problem fixed?

We also facing this problem.

Alex K September 25, 2020

Elena's suggested workaround worked.

1 vote
Shay Snir September 8, 2020

Capture1.JPGI'm also having this problem

Muhammad Hassan September 9, 2020

we are also facing same issue, 502 Bad Gateway

Jagan Garimella September 14, 2020

When using Teams on the browser (not Windows app), the 502 bad gateway error doesn't come up. Please try that option.

Alexander Salvador October 13, 2020

We use Okta for SSO and it won't work in the desktop Teams app but the earlier noted workaround does resolve when performed in the web app.  Is Atlassian monitoring this thread?

Richard Szabo October 15, 2020

I have tried it from the browser and there I had the same error so for us does not work nor in the native app nor from the browser. 

Some help would be appreciated.

Like Adriaan Bastien likes this
Adriaan Bastien December 15, 2020

Also experiencing the same problem :(

Liber January 21, 2021

For me this worked when I tried it from MS Edge. For Chrome I got the 502 Bad gw.
As for you, once I got it to work through Edge, it started to work in the Teams app too.

So trying this in a few different browsers could work.

0 votes
Richard Szabo September 4, 2020

I'm experiencing the same issue. Any solution yet ?.

jconnors224 September 4, 2020

Issue was fixed, not sure if it was from Soft Serve or the glitch worked itself out...but I can now reference/edit/search for issues from our Jira instance.  Pretty slick now that it works!

Richard Szabo September 4, 2020

Thanks for the quick reaction but for us it does not work we use the Single Sing On option (with Microsoft account) to our atlassian cloud and when I'm trying to connect the jura app from teams to the teams plugin in jura during login I get bad getaway error Screenshot 2020-09-04 at 13.34.35.pngSo for us the probem still exists.

jconnors224 September 8, 2020

Yep that's exactly what we were seeing then was magically fixed.  You probably already checked, but did you also install the Teams package on the Jira side first?

Suggest you follow the above recommendation and perhaps they are addressing on a case by case basis for each company/org?

https://www.softserveinc.com/en-us/msteams-atlassian-privacy-policy

Josh Patrick September 8, 2020

@Richard Szabo - I'm also still getting the 502 error when logging in via SSO. 

0 votes
SoftServe Support
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 15, 2020

Hi @jconnors224 ,

Please contact our support team by going to the following link https://www.softserveinc.com/en-us/msteams-atlassian-privacy-policy and filling in the form provided there, so we could resolve the issue for you and prevent anyone else from encountering the same problem.

Best regards,

SoftServe Support Team

jconnors224 August 17, 2020

Will do, thanks!

Josh Patrick August 25, 2020

I'm also having this problem. Was a fix identified?

jconnors224 August 25, 2020

Not yet, @Josh Patrick .  I opened a ticket with Soft Serve and it was transferred to another group acknowledging awareness of the issue and it's being worked

Like Josh Patrick likes this
Asher Francis September 30, 2020

@SoftServe Support is there any update on this issue please?

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events