HTTP Code 500 when importing JUnit XML results into Xray REST endpoint

Olga December 13, 2018

Hello all,

I'm having trouble importing JUnit test results using the Xray REST interface.

The test cases, test plan and a test execution were created beforehand.

For instructions on import I have followed this document: Importing Execution Results into Xray

The code that does this is written in Java and uses Spring Framework to build a REST client:

String encodedKey = Base64.getEncoder().encodeToString((restUser + ":" + pwd).getBytes());

HttpHeaders headers = new HttpHeaders();
headers.setContentType(MediaType.MULTIPART_FORM_DATA);
headers.set("Authorization", "Basic " + encodedKey);

String xmlReport = readFile(path + "TEST-template.ExampleClassTest.xml", Charset.forName("UTF-8"));

RestTemplate restTemplate = new RestTemplate();;
HttpEntity<String> entity = new HttpEntity<>(xmlReport, headers);

ResponseEntity<String> response = restTemplate.exchange(xrayUri
+ "raven/1.0/import/execution/junit?projectKey=QSAVTEST&testExecKey=QSAVTEST-170",
HttpMethod.POST,
entity,
String.class);

As a result, I get the HTTP Code 500 Internal Server Error:

018-12-13 13:31:44,245 DEBUG [main] RestTemplate: Response 500 INTERNAL_SERVER_ERROR
Exception in thread "main" org.springframework.web.client.HttpServerErrorException$InternalServerError: 500 null
    at org.springframework.web.client.HttpServerErrorException.create(HttpServerErrorException.java:79)
    at org.springframework.web.client.DefaultResponseErrorHandler.handleError(DefaultResponseErrorHandler.java:99)
    at org.springframework.web.client.DefaultResponseErrorHandler.handleError(DefaultResponseErrorHandler.java:79)
    at org.springframework.web.client.ResponseErrorHandler.handleError(ResponseErrorHandler.java:63)
    at org.springframework.web.client.RestTemplate.handleResponse(RestTemplate.java:777)
    at org.springframework.web.client.RestTemplate.doExecute(RestTemplate.java:735)
    at org.springframework.web.client.RestTemplate.execute(RestTemplate.java:669)
    at org.springframework.web.client.RestTemplate.exchange(RestTemplate.java:578)
    at template.SpringRestImporter.sendPost(SpringRestImporter.java:52)
    at template.SpringRestImporter.main(SpringRestImporter.java:26)

Your help will be much appreciated.

Best regards,

Olga

1 answer

0 votes
Sergio Freire - Xblend
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 2, 2021

Hi @Olga ,

I don't know exactly the details of the spring framework; however, we've made recently available an open-source project "xray-code-snippets" with some example for different languages.

You can see here some implementation examples for Java.

In your example, I suspect about the creation of the multipart element that needs to be named "file".

Regards

Sergio

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events