HTML showing in custom email

Jo Green September 28, 2020

Hi all, I have several post functions to send custom emails from workflows.

The problem I have is that some of the JIRA tickets are raised by email and as a result have HTML tags in them. 

When you include the description in a custom email it then picks these up and carries them forward but as tags as you can see below. htmltags.JPG As these are coming in as emails, we can't find a way to strip the footers out of the emails in the description meaning they look horrible when the Description is used as a field. Can anyone advise?

Thanks in advance,

Jo

1 answer

0 votes
David Fischer
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 28, 2020

Which post function (which app) are you using to shed the emails? In JMWE, for example, you can include a rendered version of the description field, which will replace wiki tags with real HTML. 

Jo Green November 11, 2020

Hi. Apologies, I've been offline for sometime then forgot about this one.

I'm using ScriptRunner in a Script post-function to send the custom email. As I'm already paying for one plug-in, I can't justify purchasing another for just this reason alone. 

I'm including the Description in the email and, where that ticket was raised via email coming into the desk, it's including senders signatures hence the html.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events