Groovy expression to see if there are any subtasks?

Cole
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 31, 2017

I am trying to use the transition issue post function and want it to only occur if there are no subtasks for that issue. 

I have checked the box "Only if condition is true", but I am unsure what my expression would be to look for subtasks?

Basically I would want it to say something like:

If no subtask for current issue {

Return true

}

1 answer

0 votes
Evan Winter August 31, 2017

Try this?

def subTasksList = issue.getSubTaskObjects()

if (subTasksList.size() < 1) {
return true
}
Cole
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 31, 2017

I see this error:

No signature of method: com.innovalog.jmwe.IssueProxy.getSubTaskObjects() is applicable for argument types: () values: []
groovy.lang.MissingMethodException: No signature of method: com.innovalog.jmwe.IssueProxy.getSubTaskObjects() is applicable for argument types: () values: []

Are you using Cloud or Server? The above script worked for me using JIRA Server 7.x with the following post function configuration.

jmwe.PNG

Cole
Rising Star
Rising Star
August 31, 2017

I am using JIRA Server 7. Does there not need to be some kind of reference to a class at the top or something?

Try adding these two lines to the top of the script.

import com.atlassian.jira.component.ComponentAccessor
def issueManager = ComponentAccessor.getIssueManager()

Perhaps also 

import com.atlassian.jira.issue.Issue 
Cole
Rising Star
Rising Star
August 31, 2017

I ended up using a built in script to fast-track a transition. For the condition I used "issue.getSubTaskObjects().size() < 1" and it worked.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events