Groovy expression (If statuses of all sub tasks in Approved or Cancelled)

Fadi I. Shahwan June 21, 2021

Hi,

I'm trying to add Groovy expression to run the post function only if all subtasks with type Approval are in status approved or cancelled.

any idea how can i write this condition?

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
David Fischer
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 21, 2021

Hi @Fadi I. Shahwan ,

I believe this is what you're looking for:

issue.subTaskObjects.every{it.get("issuetype").name != "Approval" || it.get("status").name in ["Approved", "Cancelled"]}
Fadi I. Shahwan June 21, 2021

Thank David

It partially working 

in my case I have an sub task type "Approval" if any of these approvals are not approved or cancelled then it should be fail. (this is working fine)

issue.subTaskObjects.every{it.get("issuetype").name == "Approval" && it.get("status").name in ["Approved", "Cancelled","Conditional Approval"]}

However when i created another type or sub tasks under the same issue it fail as it is checking the other sub tasks statuses not only the approval sub task. I need it to check only approval sub tasks and status.

David Fischer
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 21, 2021

@Fadi I. Shahwan did you try the code I offered, which is different from the one you seem to have tried? 

fadi_shahwan June 21, 2021

My Apologize, it is working fine.

Thanks for your support  

0 votes
Anjali Rao June 21, 2021

Hi @Fadi I. Shahwan ,

Do you mean all sub-tasks with issue type name as "Approval" have to be in specific statuses? Or is "Approval" any other customfield value?

Thanks,

Anjali

Fadi I. Shahwan September 28, 2021

Hi @Anjali Rao 

yes type name is approval and in approved status. David solutions' words fine 

Thanks

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events