Greenhopper synchronization

brian steele June 27, 2012

Through the manage structures link I've configured and installed the greenhopper synchronizer. It's state is running for the project that I've designated for it. I've also created a rapidboard in greenhopper just for that particular project. I cannot get these two plugins to sync.

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Igor Sereda [ALM Works]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 11, 2012

Brian, I just found this question here :)

So, for the sake of other readers -- the problem was with the "Fix Version/s" field, which is required for the Structure's GreenHopper synchronizer (until Structure version 1.7). In Brian's JIRA, Fix Versions field was hidden, and the synchronizer couldn't determine which issues to work with. (And GreenHopper's Planning Board wouldn't work -- but the Rapid Board could be configured to ignore the Fix Versions field. It is actually ignoring it by default if you use Scrum template.)

The solution was to un-hide Fix Versions back.

Now we have released Structure 1.7, where we have fixed this problem, and it should work even with the Fix Version/s field hidden.

Cheers,
Igor

brian steele July 11, 2012

Sorry about not posting the solution you came up with here myself Igor. Thanks for the outstanding support with this as well!

francis
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
January 30, 2013

Hi Igor,

We are using structure 1.7.1, and greenhopper 6.1. Fix version is available on all the issuetypes, greenhopper sync enabled (on the epic/theme custom field), but no cigar.

What else should we do to find the root cause ?

Francis

0 votes
brian steele June 27, 2012

Sorry that ^ was more a statement than a question.

I'm wondering if there are other cofigurations that need to be set before the syncornization between the two plugins is actually running?

I created the rapid board using greenhopper through the manage rapid boards option available in the agile tab. Agile Tab>Manage Rapid Boards>Tools>Create New Board>Scrum>Picked Board Name>Picked Project>Created Board. Then from the Manage Rapid boards> Under Operations> Selected Use>From Agile tab>Rapid Board>Newly created rapid board appears.

I created the structure using manage structures availalbe in the structures tab. Structures tab>manage Structures>Create Structure> Named Structure>Added Description>Left Permissions at none>didn't Add Rule> Left Options unselected>Selected Create>Opened newly created structure>Selected the issues from the issue pane on the right and moved them to the structure pane.

I synced the two using the manage structures available in the structuress tab. Structuers tab>Manage Structures>Under Sync With selected Settings> Selected the greenhopper synchronizer>Selected Configure and einstall synchronizer>Selected Project>Set Epic Field to Epic/Theme [sustomfield_10001] (Only selection available in drop down)>Set Epic type to Epic[6]>Selected Create.

Then i went back into structure and arranged the issues in the order/priority I wanted. I expected the greenhopper rapid board I created to change and match the changes I made in the structures plugin. It did not.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events