Google Hangouts Chat bot/add-in support for JIRA Server

Seth Dimond March 29, 2018

This request is to add support for JIRA Server users to the Google Hangouts Chat (their Slack competitor) bot/add-in.

I see that there are some "Reviews" asking this, but thought I'd post it as a question.  Are there any plans for supporting JIRA Server (rather than just Cloud)?

FYI - I'm on JIRA Server v7.2.7.

Thanks!

6 answers

7 votes
David October 8, 2018

We really need this too, and also BitBucket as we are switching from Slack to Google chat. Anyone got any updates? Would it be an idea to take this issue to google as webhooks are already defined and post data? I'd think Google would like to develop support for it..

0 votes
Travis Sims February 2, 2024

Has anyone figured out how when you tag someone in jira it will do the same in google chat?

0 votes
Neal Anders July 7, 2020

Hello,

From the Google Hangouts side of things, it certainly seems like they think there is an integration with the Cloud-based Jira... adding a Jira bot to Google Hangouts is easy and straight-forward... but when you go to configure it with/on the Atlassian side.. we get this:image.png

Any ideas? Did this work at some point and is now broken?

0 votes
jeet2k123 December 13, 2018

Any Roadmap to support Hangout Chat on Jira Server?

Piotr Bojko
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 17, 2019

Hello,

I am  gathering some feedback here on this matter. 

Regards,

Piotr 

Paresh_Redkar April 27, 2020

Has this been prioritised? We use the server edition and having the Jira Chatbot will be very helpful 

Like # people like this
0 votes
David Crome July 31, 2018

Hi @Craig Castle-Mead,

I guess what @Seth Dimond (and I) want, is to support an integration for Googles Hangouts Chat like this plugin do but also for Jira Server: https://marketplace.atlassian.com/apps/1218638/hangouts-chat-bot-for-jira-cloud?hosting=cloud&tab=overview

Any plans to support Hangouts Chat?

Greetz,

David

0 votes
Craig Castle-Mead
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 29, 2018

Hi Seth.

It kind of depends on what you mean by support.

If support means technical support with the application itself (bugs, config issues) then your Atlassian license can help via support.atlassian.com

If you mean support with configuration, performance tuning, engagement with the users - then you’re likely best option is to find and work with an Atlassian Partner at https://www.atlassian.com/partners/search?page=1

CCM

Seth Dimond March 30, 2018

I updated the initial question to be more clear that this request is for the Google Hangouts Chat bot/add-in developed by Linovi to support JIRA Server (rather than just JIRA Cloud).

See:  https://community.atlassian.com/t5/tag/addon-linovi-hangoutschat-bot/tg-p

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events