Glossary Plugin - Glossary already exists in this space

Tim Gehrmann June 24, 2014

I started to evaluate the glossary plugin today in my personal confluence space. After creating some entries and subpages I tried to set up another glossary. But in the documentation I read that there is only one glossary per space possible. Which is a bad thing anyway when you need to support two languages?! Anyway I deleted all my test pages with the glossary macros.

Now my question: thereafter I tried to create a new glossary in my personal space from scratch but now I always get the message: "Glossary already exists in this space". I have no clue how to access this glossary any longer via the "glossary overview" macro mentioned here http://lab.spectrumgroupe.fr/confluence/display/SBD/Glossary+macros

or how to delete this and start from scratch ...

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Anis Othman
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 2, 2014

Thanks Tim for your feedback.

Actually to delete a glossary from your space, you need to delete the Glossary overview's page permanently. Please make sure that this page is removed also from trash.

Concerning the point of having multiple glossary in a space, this is impossible because confluence don't allow duplicate pages with the same title.

Still, creating more than one "glossary space" can be an interesting case here. Each Glossary space will be dedicated to a language and you can create a page to navigate within the different Glossaries created!

I hope that this answers your question!

If you encounter any problem, please do not hesitate to contact us, by creating an account on our Jira instance. [1]

This way you can interact with us easily and follow all the updates about improvements and bugs.

kind regards,

[1] http://lab.spectrumgroupe.fr/jira/browse/BPGLOS

Anis

Product manager

Spectrum Groupe

David Vojtko May 13, 2015

Hi Anis, How do I find out which page is my Glossary overview's page? I have done some tests. I have created one Glossary overview's page on a space, then I deleted the Glossary overview macro from that page because it didn't work. Later I tried to put it back, because I thought I did something wrong before, but it does not work now too, or it is also possible that I have forgotten which page it was. How can I find out which page was the overview's page? I do not want to delete it if not necessary. Is it working on the Confluence version 5.7.1 or is there an issue? Because it works for me at Confluence v5.5.3. Or did I do something wrong? Thanks for help if possible :-) in advance. David

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events