Gliffy mind map diagram is not interactive in Confluence

Anastasiya4 Ivanova November 20, 2021

Dear community,

I have gliffy plugin integrated with Confluence.

I have created mind map diagram through gliffy app and my diagram has expandable/collapsible "main topic" and "subtopic" shapes there. When the diagram is inserted to Confluence, it is no interactive any more. I have no option to collapse/expand my shapes in Confluence. The whole diagram without this option looks messy and overloaded.

How this issue can be resolved? Or what are the right steps to make gliffy mind map diagram interactive in Confluence? 

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Samie Kaufman - Your Gal at Gliffy
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 21, 2021

Hi Anastasiya!

I make some oversized mind maps sometimes, too, so I totally understand your problem!

Gliffy does have a way of making diagrams that are interactive on the Confluence page, but I'm not sure that type of interactivity works with the mind map's collapse/expand function. Here is our info on setting up dynamic layers: https://help.gliffy.com/confluence/Content/GliffyCommon/Dynamic-layers.htm?Highlight=interactive

I apologize that I do think you would need to rebuild the diagram a little bit differently to make this type of interactivity work.

I absolutely think we should include interactivity with that mind map functionality. I'm going to add this as feedback for our Product Manager so that we can investigate. 

Hope this helps!

Anastasiya4 Ivanova November 22, 2021

Hi Samie!

Your advice is really helpful. Layers will help to resolve my issue. And you are right, I have to adjust my diagram to split everything to appropriate layer. It is a good workaround.

If you have a power to suggest to PM to include mind map interactivity in view mode as it exists in edit mode, it will be great and may allow users to save time.

Thank you much!

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events