Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Gliffy diagrams permanently linked when Confluence pages copied

I've used the Copy option in Confluence to create a new page which will build upon the content of the original page, but needs to be a separate entity. When Gliffy diagrams are updated on the new page, they are also being updated on the original page, and vice-versa. How do you ensure these changes do not appear on the original page (and vice versa). Despite renaming all components, the pages and all components on them seem to be permanently linked, whereas I need them to be separate entities.

1 answer

Hi!

Please see the graphic on the bottom of this page in our documentation — you should be able to click on the ellipses of the diagram macro on your page and then select "unlink diagram": https://help.gliffy.com/confluence/Content/GliffyConfluence/Inserting-existing-diagram.htm

If that doesn't work, you could trying inserting a new diagram, selecting "Search for a Template" and using the existing diagram as a template for the new diagram. Make sure the "link to original diagram" box is unchecked. 

Please let me know if neither of those work!

Hi Samie, thanks for your response. The second option works (inserting a new diagram and deleting the one originally copied as part of the page copy), but I'd consider that to be a workaround. Re the preferred first option, why do I get the message "Diagram with this name exists in page" or even "There was an error on the server while unlinking the diagram" when I press "Unlink Diagram"?

I'm not sure, but thank you so much for the extra detail! I let our team know that you're getting that error message when you try to use the unlink button.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Published in Apps & Integrations

Send an Email or Publish to Confluence - What should you do with your release notes?

Background When you hear the words ‘Release notes’, almost always you think of an unsolicited email from a software vendor. But I am here to tell you that from our data, sending release notes via E...

242 views 1 2
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you