Getting error in automation

minakshi taly April 27, 2021

Transition issue

Destination status could not be resolved. If using a smart-value ensure this resolves to a numeric status ID or untranslated name for issues (with current status):TL3-50 (New - 1)

Can anyone explain this please

1 answer

0 votes
John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 27, 2021

Hi @minakshi taly 

I have gotten that under a couple of circumstances. One - there is no transition in the workflow from the current status of the issue to the destination status in the automation rule. 

Or two - there is a condition on that transition that is preventing the automation rule actor from performing the transition. 

Thanks @John Funk 

I checked there are no condition in the workflow.

I am trying to write automation where the if the linked issues are closed  the parent should also get automatically closed (please note that linked issues can be of any issue type and can be of any project)

I have written this , but geeting error:Capture.JPG

John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 27, 2021

Take a look at the first Use Case in this article to see if it helps you to do the same thing:

https://www.atlassian.com/software/jira/guides/expand-jira/automation-use-cases

John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
April 27, 2021

And can you share a screenshot of your workflow? Also, click on the transition in question in the workflow maybe before you take the screenshot.  :-)

@John Funk 

Please find the screenshot for the workflow, now the main issue has to be transitioned to closed from any status it is in if the linked issues are marked closed:

John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
April 27, 2021

I am not seeing any new screenshots. 

Capture.JPG

@John Funk 

I tried the link you gave, but its not working

John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
April 27, 2021

Can you do the diagram view instead? And please click on the transition first so we can see the popup box on the right as related to the transition. 

screenshot.png

John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
April 27, 2021

Strange  - what happens when you click that link? 

Capture.JPG

That link is working but the automations given there not working

John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
April 27, 2021

Can you share the pop up on the right like in my screenshot?

John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
April 27, 2021

By the way, this is from the article in the link:

screenshot.png

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events