Gantt chart plugin for JIRA - can I show multiple projects in a gadget?

Jan Croker January 22, 2013

Is there a way that I can select multiple projects for a Gantt chart, so that i can see ALL my time utilisation across differnet projects

4 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Jan Croker January 27, 2013

Thank-you - 'Filters' OK.

0 votes
Harko Prinssen April 1, 2015

Hi

after some playing around and being confused about the 'multiple projects' not working I found out it only works when the filter has an 'order by project' in the query. 

The widget still only shows a subset of the issues, unlike the 'normal' screen which does show all

0 votes
Harko Prinssen April 1, 2015

Hi Frank

Is there another way of showing multiple projects as the widget is fairly small, but mainly it's not showing all data. It appears it only shows issues from the first component and not using a Gantt overview, but just an issue listing.

I am looking for a way to get an overview of all projects and timelines.

Frank Polscheit
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 1, 2015

Yes, Gantt-Gadget is multi-projects capable by default: just specify a JIRA filter retrieving issues of various projects. By the way, change the layout of your dashboard from default (2 columns) to single column to maximize the width for better presentation. Kind regards, Frank

Frank Polscheit
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 1, 2015

Using JIRA's project tab panel "Gantt-Chart" you can also view issues of multiple projects: just enable option "multi-projects" within the Gantt menu (cog icon on the top right of "export") and choose a JIRA filter retrieving issues of various projects. Kind regards, Frank

SKT April 1, 2021

Hello Frank - Would it be possible to provide a step by step procedure to get this done? Also, do we have a JQuery to pull the reports across various Epics/Projects?

Frank Polscheit
Rising Star
Rising Star
April 1, 2021

Please raise a support ticket: open the Gantt menu on the right side and click on "Support-/Feature-Request", then fill out the email template. Automatically, a related Jira issue will be created based on your email to track and communicate.

Kind regards,
Frank

Bildschirmfoto 2021-04-01 um 17.34.51.png

0 votes
Frank Polscheit
Rising Star
Rising Star
January 22, 2013

Sure: please add my gantt-chart gadget to your dashboard and configure it to use a JIRA filter, you have specified before resulting in multi-project issues. If you specify no filter and just take the default, ALL issues are displayed sorted by project etc.

Regards,
Frank

Jan Croker January 22, 2013

Thank-you for your response - I am new to JIRA so I'm not sure how to configure it to use a JIRA filter for multi-project.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events