Gannt Chart does not show versions

Mathieu October 23, 2014

If a version is empty (no issues assigned to this version) it does not show up in Gannt Chart.

Even if there is a "Fix Version" issue assigned it does not show up.

It seems to depend on the "Affects version" issues and this is wrong in my opinion. In Gannt chart I want to see planned versions and planned fixes so the version should be shown if it contains issues marked as "fix version" and not "affects version"

2 answers

0 votes
Adrian Wieczorek
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 21, 2014

Hi,

I have decided to take a slightly different approach and in most recent version of the plugin both "affected" and "fix" versions are checked against in "Version" filter. Let me know how does it works for you now. Thanks!

0 votes
Adrian Wieczorek
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 28, 2014

Well, it depends on both "affected" and "fix" versions. For Issues that aren't resolved, "affected version" is the one that is presented and for those already resolved, "fix version" respectively. This is how JIRA API delivers informations about the Issues, so we can't do much about it right now. Also, the versions in the filter drop down list are collected from all the issues delivered via API, so if there isn't any issue assigned to the particular version it won't be shown there.

I hope it's more clear now.

Deleted user November 11, 2014

Thanks for your clarification! I was wondering the same thing. However, I also think it would make the most sense to primarily use the "fix version", as a Gantt chart is used for planning releases. Hopefully Jira can make an additional API that will allow this to make more sense from a project planning perspective.

Jasmine Aharon December 20, 2014

Hi, this is a bad solution since I would like to see the things that are open and need to be done Im also checking out Gantt cloud by jira and they manage to display all my future versions which are on the fix version field of an issue and not just the affect version Can you please verify this? it seems that if cant view open issues with a fixed version i cant really use this add on :( thanks

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events