Function scriptedFunction didn't have a data type, returning Issue

srinivasp
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 6, 2013

I am getting the following error in our jira 5.2.5 logs when i select "search for issues". What could be reason for this?

2013-02-06 13:16:16,541 http-bio-8525-exec-1 ERROR spatruni 796x204x1 o96hnu 10.107.182.104 /issues/ [jira.groovy.jql.ScriptedJqlFunction] Function scriptedFunction didn't have a data type, returning Issue. Possibly plugin not started yet

7 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
JamieA
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 6, 2013

It's an occasional error with jql functions in script runner, still have not got to the bottom of it. If you disable then enable the plugin it should fix it.

srinivasp
Rising Star
Rising Star
February 7, 2013

Thanks Jamie! It is working..

JamieA
Rising Star
Rising Star
February 7, 2013

If you see any pattern to this, please do let me know...

srinivasp
Rising Star
Rising Star
February 11, 2013

Hi Jamie,

I got this exception again today.

2013-02-12 12:31:58,579 http-bio-8525-exec-21 ERROR spatruni 751x74x1 1jv8md4 10.105.180.29 /issues/ [jira.groovy.jql.ScriptedJqlFunction] Function scriptedFunction didn't have a data type, returning Issue. Possibly plugin not started yet

What should i do now?

JamieA
Rising Star
Rising Star
February 11, 2013

Hi. Disable and enable the plugin to make it work again. Maybe there was some kind of event that happened first that you remember...?

srinivasp
Rising Star
Rising Star
February 11, 2013

I disabled/enabled the plugin and started indexing. I remember i did nothing now except restart.

srinivasp
Rising Star
Rising Star
March 3, 2013

same error started again

2013-03-04 12:28:35,501 http-bio-8525-exec-24 ERROR spatruni 748x9935x2 wuz19m 10.107.182.155 /issues/ [jira.groovy.jql.ScriptedJqlFunction] Function scriptedFunction didn't have a data type, returning Issue Possibly plugin not started yet

JamieA
Rising Star
Rising Star
March 3, 2013

Just disable/enable the plugin again... I'm going to issue a fix very soon.

Simon Kegel //SEIBERT/MEDIA
Rising Star
Rising Star
August 13, 2014

Getting the same error in JIRA 6.2.7. with Script Runner 2.1.7.
but disable/enable don't work :(

1 vote
Fabrice Daugan August 10, 2014

Confirmed on the same configuration : 2.1.17 on JIRA 6.2.7

0 votes
Jerry Lee June 28, 2014

It is June 28, 2014 today. I am seeing this error on JIRA 6.2.7 with scriptrunner 2.1.17.

0 votes
Deb Martinez May 21, 2014

I got this error today in JIRA 6.2 with Script Runner 2.1.17. I am trying the reenable now...

0 votes
Sascha Meyer October 7, 2013

I got this on our JIRA 6.0.8 system too using Script runner 2.1.15.

0 votes
Jon Moser June 17, 2013

We are seeing this in JIRA 6.0 on SR 2.1.3.

0 votes
MarkW April 7, 2013

Just chiming in on this. Saw this error in our logs as well. I will disable and re-enable the plugin in the meantime.

JamieA
Rising Star
Rising Star
April 8, 2013

Are you using the most recent version? AFAIK this should not happen anymore.

MarkW April 9, 2013

I saw that I am on an older version. I will get a new one on my lower platform and check things out and migrate to prod.

Brent Webster
Rising Star
Rising Star
June 11, 2013

I'm running Jira 5.2.2 with latest Script runner 2.1.3 and I'm seeing the problem.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events