Formatting issues with events

Chris McGrath May 23, 2019

I've set up an event so that when a new ticket is logged it posts to my conversations tab in teams. It works great!

However, it doesn't seem to handle some of the formatting correctly.

• If my Summary has brackets in it, it displays them with a backslash first - \(example\)
  • If the description is long, a "See more" button appears which hides a lot of important information (the ticket number, priority, issue type) I'd much prefer to see this information over the description.
  • The description doesn't have any formatting and removes a lot of line breaks.

My recommendation would be to simplify this. Have the description always hidden by default - either hit the See More, to see it or you could really get away with just having them go to jira if they want to read it.

I'm coming from Slack, and the integration there was simple, but worked really well:

Person Name created Improvement|Bug TICK-1234

The Summary of the ticket
Priority
High

1 answer

0 votes
SoftServe Support
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 24, 2019

Dear Chris,

Thank you for your thorough feedback as it is very valuable to us so we can improve our product based on the customers' experience. Unfortunately, our integration is using the standard screen for status notifications and we are not planning to optimize them in the nearest future. Anyway. we really appreciate your suggestions and we are always open to new ideas on how to make integration better. For now, we will take into consideration  the possibility to simplify the notification content you are receiving.

Should you have any other solutions, please let us know.

Best regards,
SoftServe Support 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events