Forge using Typescript version 3.9.10?

Daniel Platas February 26, 2022

Hello there,

after upgrading to forge-cli 4.0.0 Edit: Well I did some checks going back to version 3.0.0 and it did work so I thought this was the problem but after some time it doesn't work anymore in this version. I still have no idea why is this happening all of a sudden, but as it doesn't seem to be a Forge problem anymore (which I thought strange to begin with, to be honest) you can safely ignore this question unless you kindly wanted to give me help anyway. 

UPDATE: Actually after further investigation through "@forge/cli" deps, it seems like indeed Forge is using Typescript version 3.9.10. This fails to compile my code the moment I add TS capabilities to the wrapping forge-project of my Custom UI set up. (i.e. where the resolvers are placed). Is there any way to use a different Typescript compiler version? Am I bound to use javascript only for them? Is upgrading to TS 4+ something in the roadmap?

Original Post:

I can't compile my project anymore due to a typescript error while deploying. After analysing the error, it seems tuple types with labels are not recognised anymore, a feature which was introduced in this typescript version I mention IIRC. E.g:

type tuple = [name: string, surname: string] 

This will fail due to the labelled element with the following error:

Screenshot 2022-02-26 at 12.17.19.png

As you see I cannot just stop using this feature because it is coming from a third party library which I need. Any insight into this matter would be appreciated.

1 answer

0 votes
Caterina Curti
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 1, 2022

Hi @Daniel Platas ,

While I don't have a solution for you, I wanted to share this related thread in the Atlassian Developer community: https://community.developer.atlassian.com/t/using-alternate-version-of-typescript/53002

Feel free to post any Forge related questions in that community in the future. There is a Forge category for that and the team developing Forge keeps an eye on those threads.

Cheers,

Caterina

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events