• Give kudos
  • Received
  • Given

Leaderboard

• Global

Trophy case

Kudos (beta program)

Kudos logo

You've been invited into the Kudos (beta program) private group. Chat with others in the program, or give feedback to Atlassian.

View group

It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Finding next date

How can I create a custom date picker field that will display the next closest date from a group of multiple custom date pickers? I have Epics that have 16 date picker fields, one for each market that is launched. It is rather unwieldy to look at a large list of Epics and quickly see the next market due date across 16 different markets, i.e. Epic 1: US Market Launch XX/XX/XX | CA Market Launch XX/XX/XX | JP Market Launch XX/XX/XX. I can create a formula in Excel to do this. But I cannot figure out how to have JIRA do this for me in a Dashboard or Filter. 

1 answer

0 votes

Hi Michael,

I don't believe you can achieve this without an "app" (add-on).

If you are on Server or Data Center, you can use the JMCF app to create a calculated Date/Time Field that will show the earliest of the 16 date picker fields. 

If you are on Jira Cloud, your options are much more limited. You will need to use a post-function to fill in the value of a 17th date picker field with the earliest of the 16 dates, but that means the value will only be updated during one or more transition(s), not after modifying the date pickers on the Edit screen or the issue view screen.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Published in Marketplace Apps & Integrations

Bitbucket Smart Commits vs. Genius Commits - What's the difference?

If you already heard about Smart Commits in Bitbucket, know that you just stumbled upon something even better (and smarter!): Genius Commits by Better DevOps Automation for Jira Data Center (+ Server...

114 views 0 2
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you