Finding next date

Michael_Stewart February 4, 2020

How can I create a custom date picker field that will display the next closest date from a group of multiple custom date pickers? I have Epics that have 16 date picker fields, one for each market that is launched. It is rather unwieldy to look at a large list of Epics and quickly see the next market due date across 16 different markets, i.e. Epic 1: US Market Launch XX/XX/XX | CA Market Launch XX/XX/XX | JP Market Launch XX/XX/XX. I can create a formula in Excel to do this. But I cannot figure out how to have JIRA do this for me in a Dashboard or Filter. 

1 answer

0 votes
David Fischer
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 5, 2020

Hi Michael,

I don't believe you can achieve this without an "app" (add-on).

If you are on Server or Data Center, you can use the JMCF app to create a calculated Date/Time Field that will show the earliest of the 16 date picker fields. 

If you are on Jira Cloud, your options are much more limited. You will need to use a post-function to fill in the value of a 17th date picker field with the earliest of the 16 dates, but that means the value will only be updated during one or more transition(s), not after modifying the date pickers on the Edit screen or the issue view screen.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events