Find out if a JIRA update event changes a specific issue field

Nando Neck August 1, 2017

I'm using Script Runner and I want to add a listener, that check, if the value of a specifc custom field is changed during this update event.

The custom field name is "Category" and it's id is "10400".

I assume it is somewhere hidden in com.atlassian.jira.event.issue.getChangeLog()". Am I correct? If yes, how can I loop through the changes to identify, if my specific field has changed or will be changed durin this event? Is this some kind of array? An option to visualize could probably be helpful.

1 answer

1 accepted

6 votes
Answer accepted
Thanos Batagiannis _Adaptavist_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 2, 2017

Hi Nando, 

You can have in your listener that listens to issue updated events, something like the following script 

def change = event?.getChangeLog()?.getRelated("ChildChangeItem")?.find {it.field == "SelectListA"}
if (change) {
log.debug "Old value : ${change.oldstring}"
log.debug "New value : ${change.newstring}"
log.debug "Value changed by ${event.user} at ${event?.getChangeLog()?.created}"
// do something if the value of the Category field changed
}

Hope that helps, 

Thanos

Aishwarya Rajan March 13, 2018

Hi @Thanos Batagiannis _Adaptavist_ I need to perform a same task..need to know if a story is updated and if yes..need to check if the description field (which is not a custom field) is updated. Do you have any leads for this?

Also, what does 

SelectListA indicate here

and if event is Issue Updated then,

...{event?.getChangeLog()?.created} will be {event?.getChangeLog()?.updated}

Hector
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 12, 2019

@Aishwarya Rajan SelectListA stands for the name of the field/custom field. Please consider since early versions custom field's name can have duplicated names.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events