Filter by team biggantt

Diogo Alves December 11, 2017

Can it be created a filter by team members in biggantt?

How can i do it?

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Piotrek Romanczyk [SoftwarePlant]
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
December 13, 2017

Hello there Diogo,

It is possible to create a Quick Filter that would allow you to filter out your chart by user (assignee). As the concept of teams in BigGantt is pretty much a label, it would not be possible to create such a query with JQL. 

If you wish to create a filter that would filter out only tasks assigned to certain team members, I'm afraid you would need to create a Quick filter that would have manually added assignees of desired team. 

Screenshot1.pngScreenshot2.png

Kind Regards,

Piotrek of SoftwarePlant

Diogo Alves December 13, 2017

Thank you for your answer Piotr.

I Think i have a solution, but i might need your help. Can i create a filter rule like "assigne IS Diogo OR André OR Pedro" in JQL? I tryed but it didn't work properly.

How?

Thank you very much in advance.

Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
December 13, 2017

Hello again Diogo,

This is exactly what I have done (on the screenshots above). I have created a filter with assignees who belong to my team:

assignee = admin OR assignee = piotr etc.

Please remember though that JQL filters look for assignees by their username and not the displayed name.

Regards,

Piotr

Ok, i understand my error.

I tryed to create the condition only the variable to search ("assignee IS Diogo OR André OR Pedro") and it need to be for the hole formula as you have done ("assignee = admin OR assignee = piotr").

Thank you will try.

Worked.

Many Thanks ;-)

Marketplace Partner
December 13, 2017

You are most welcome my friend. :)

Ericka Samuels
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 13, 2017

I did it like this: 

assignee in ("tom petty", "joey ramone", "kurt cobain", "john lennon")

that way you can list many names

Like Stine Søndergaard likes this
Marketplace Partner
December 13, 2017

And compose the most amazing tunes that mankind has ever had a chance to hear. ;)

Doan Minh Trang _FQC_HCM2_ August 11, 2020

Hi, 

I was fine with creating the quick filter, but then only me who could work with quick filter. Other members cannot see filtered task list after they click the quick filter. Could you please help me with solving this related to permission or something..?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events