Next:
badges earned

Your Points Tracker
Challenges
Leaderboard
  • Global
  • Feed

Badge for your thoughts?

You're enrolled in our new beta rewards program. Join our group to get the inside scoop and share your feedback.

Join group
Recognition
Give the gift of kudos
You have 0 kudos available to give
Who do you want to recognize?
Why do you want to recognize them?
Kudos
Great job appreciating your peers!
Check back soon to give more kudos.

Past Kudos Given
No kudos given
You haven't given any kudos yet. Share the love above and you'll see it here.

It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Field exposure according to issue type

I want Custom Field to appear on this issue view screen depending on the issue type.

For example, if the issue type is Bug, only custom field A is shown on the issue view screen, and if the issue type is Task, only custom field B is shown on the issue view screen.

How can I implement this?

I have Scriptrunner .

1 answer

Hello @Jeoung

Thank you for reaching out.

Per your description, I understand you would like to display different custom fields in Jira screens depending on the issue type selected at the moment of the issue creation. Is that correct?

Can you please confirm to us if you are using a Classic or Next-gen Jira project?

In fact, you don't need any third-party apps to achieve what you are trying to do. Instead, you just need to be using a Classic project and your issue types can be configured with separate screens and fields in the same project. Allow me to explain it better:

Each Jira Classic project is configured with an issue type screen scheme, which can be verified under project settings > Screens and is configured to define what screen schemes are related to each issue type in your project (When creating, viewing or editing an issue). Let me give you a practical example:

You can check in the screenshot below  a project (Scrum) that its Issue type screen scheme is configured with two screen schemes: One related to Bug, and another to all other issue types in the project:

Screen Shot 2020-04-08 at 16.44.59.png

That being said, if I add a custom field to the screen scheme related to the Bug issue type, it will not appear for the other issue types and vice-versa. You can customize and configure more screen schemes to each issue types in that view,  under Project settings > Screens.

I suggest to take a look in the documentation below to better understand the relation between Fields, Screens, Screen schemes and Issue type screen schemes and know how you can set different fields for each issue type you have:

Associating a screen with an issue operation 

Let us know if you have any questions.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Published in Marketplace Apps & Integrations

New Cloud Apps Roundup - Spring 2021

Atlassian's marketplace partners have had a very productive start to 2021! Since our last roundup, our developer community has added over 160 new cloud apps to the Atlassian Marketplace to help you...

202 views 3 19
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you