Feature request: Adopt currently running timer?

Andrew Walters January 21, 2016

I'd like to put in a feature request for Joggler.

If I start a timer elsewhere (on my phone, watch, desktop app) without a description, can I then have Joggler do a one-click "adoption" of that running timer to n open job?

Use case:

Say I've picked up the phone and hit the Start button on Toggl for something that doesn't have a JIRA issue yet. I then create (or bring up) the issue a few minutes later. Alongside the "Start Time Tracking" button, Joggler has detected that a timer is already running so it shows its details with an "Adopt current Toggl task" button. When I click that button, Joggler sets the Toggl project to match the JIRA project (same as if I started a new timer here), and prepends the timer's description with the JIRA issue number.

Is that doable?

1 answer

0 votes
Deleted user January 21, 2016

Hi Andrew

This would certainly be possible but we do not plan to support this just yet. We already have a request to show the running toggl entry in the Toggl widget besides the start/stop button. Once we implement this we could add a button to "hijack" the running entry. I've created an feature request for your enquiry in our issue tracking system.

Until then you have to add the JIRA Issue key to the Description of the running time entry by hand.

Regards

Benno

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events