Exporting values to excel from work log drop-down list

Lusine Jagharian February 19, 2014

Hi,

I have created custom worklog attributes including a dynamic drop-down using /rest/tempo-rest/1.0/accounts/json/getDynamicDropdown/|1|2|3|4|5|.... When I export my Temop report/list to Excel it exports the INDEX of the drop-down values but not the values, which is not useful to me. Is this a bug? How can I export the values from the drop-down list to excel?

Thank you

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Susanne Götz [Tempo]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 20, 2014

Hi Lusine,

Tempo returns the index, but this does not need to ba a number. You can use the same values as the index indicates. So f.x. instead of using

...getDynamicDropdown/|1|2|3|4/Please Select|Red|Yellow|Green|Blue

you can use

...getDynamicDropdown/|Red|Yellow|Green|Blue/Please Select|Red|Yellow|Green|Blue

Kind regards,

Susanne

Lusine Jagharian February 20, 2014

It worked! Thank you Susanne!

1 vote
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 19, 2014

I'd say it's a bug in Tempo. Jira moved from storing the text of options to storing a pointer to option (a much better way to do it) quite a while ago, and I suspect that Tempo hasn't kept up with that

However that would surprise me. I'd have expected Tempo to fix that pretty quickly, certainly by now given how long ago it changed.

What version of Tempo and Jira are you on?

I am on JIRA v6.1.2 and Tempo Timesheets - 7.8.2 ... both of them are pretty new I think.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 19, 2014

Mmm, yes, I'd raise this with Tempo. It should be able to handle the new select lists by now (I say "new", I'm looking at Jira 4.4 I think!)

Thank you for your help Nic, do you know how I can report a bug to Tempo? Or should I just send an email to Tempo support?

Lusine Jagharian February 20, 2014

Never mind, I am all set. Was able to report the bug. Thanks for your support.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events