Exporting Xray TestSet to Cucumber(Customize feature file name)

Poojitha Vangala June 17, 2021

Hi,

We have Testsets with multiple tests grouped together. And, now if we wanted to export the TestSet into cucumber, the name of the featurefile is like appending all the summary names/issue number of tests underneath that, Is there a way we could only get the Summary of just the testSet as featurefile name when exported?

Example filename i'm expecting: animals.feature

But what I'm seeing as a featurefile name is:  1_antrabbit(+6).feature

Is there a way I could customize the featurefile name from setting ?

Or - If I customize the featurefile name, when I wanted to report the test results back to Jira would they be linked ? 

1 answer

0 votes
Rogério Paiva - Xray Xporter
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 25, 2021

Hi @Poojitha Vangala 

The only option available in Xray is this "Generate features file name using summary" that can be found in Xray settings. And when this option is enabled, the feature file name will contain the summary of the requirement issue or the test issue instead of their respective keys.

You can rename the file after being generated by Xray since, in the next step, you will send Xray the JSON report (the result of the execution of the automated testing) and not the feature file.

Kind regards,
Rogério Paiva [Xray Support Team]

Anne Gallant October 25, 2021

I do not see this setting in the Xray settings.

Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 5, 2021

Hi @Anne Gallant 

Please go into the Jira Settings -> Apps, then look for the Xray settings and then the Cucumber options on the left side pane.

Thank you.

Kind regards,
Rogério Paiva [Xray Support Team]

philippe maire December 28, 2021

Hi,
We have Xray 5.1.2 , I don't find cucumber Option on Xray setting ? And of course
Generate features file name using summary..
Please I have you a video to show us the setting.
Thanks 
Philippe

Rising Star
Rising Star
January 3, 2022

Hi @philippe maire 

This threat is about Xray Cloud, and it is a different app from Xray DC/Server, so some features may not exist in both. And such is the case of this feature; it exists in Xray Cloud but not yet in Xray DC/Server.

We have this improvement suggestion (https://jira.getxray.app/browse/XRAY-3925) reported and gathering our customers' interest.
Please vote and watch it so that you can receive email alerts.

Thank you.

Kind regards,
Rogerio Paiva [Xray Support Team]

philippe maire January 6, 2022

Thank you, but how to export features, one file by feature ? With no requirement. 

Kind regards,
Philippe 

Rising Star
Rising Star
January 14, 2022

Hi @philippe maire 

Currently, it is not possible to have that. What is viable is to generate the feature files based on requirements, using the option "Generate features by requirements" (https://docs.getxray.app/display/XRAYCLOUD/Global+Settings%3A+Cucumber).

However, please get in touch with Xray Support (http://Xraysupport.getXray.app) to share your use case to analyze it and try to find options.

Thank you.

Kind regards,
Rogerio Paiva [Xray Support Team]

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events