Export sub-tasks to excel

Reginaldo Fortuna dos Santos August 13, 2021

How can I export hierarchically tasks and their sub-tasks with all disposable data to Excel ? 

3 answers

0 votes
Levente Szabo _Midori_
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
January 6, 2022

For those of you who would be interested in exporting Jira subtasks to Excel with an app, one option to try is Better Excel Exporter for Jira Cloud!

You can export from the Issue Navigator, the Issue Details View or right from the active sprint screen. You can use the built-in export templates to create Excel spreadsheets like this or customize your own:

4-issue-list.png

jira-subtasks-excel-export.png

Browse more sample exports to see what can be achieved with Better Excel Exporter!

(Please note that Better Excel Exporter is a paid and supported app and I'm part of the team developing it.)

0 votes
Daniel Ebers
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 18, 2021

Hi @Reginaldo Fortuna dos Santos

from past experience Rahul is surely right that there is no nicely formatted export for what you are asking available right out of the box.

It will depend on how sophicticated the export should be for your requirement. With stock export function (export to excel CSV) I was able to get a result - please see the screenshot of a test project, however it lists their parents along with their IDs.

Is this a result you already got - or are you stuck in the process? Are we safe to assume this is not the "full" solution you are looking for?

Happy for a confirmation, though!

grafik.png

In the example you see in excel cell D5 (value: 10352) it is a sub-task of key "DEMO-36" - cell A6.

Regards,
Daniel

0 votes
Rahul_RVS_Support
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
August 13, 2021

Hi @Reginaldo Fortuna dos Santos 

Welcome to the community !!

As far as i know, it is difficult to get this hierarchy export out of the box. If you would be interested in an add-on, you can try out Agile Tools. We have csv export option which exports epic hierarchy and progress based on story points and time estimates, as screen shot attached.

Agile Tools - Epic Tree and Time in Status 

Along with Epic Sum, you also get other important functionalities within the same plugin, Links Hierarchy and Multiple Time in Status reports (to track your issues) and Worklogs report.

Epic Hierarchy-Excel.PNG

Reginaldo Fortuna dos Santos August 14, 2021

Hi @Rahul_RVS_Support . Thanks for your support. As I'm a user of Jira in a very large corporation is a little difficult to ask for add-ons as its has to be approved, etc.

I´m looking for any solution which could be done by myself.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events