Export / Import Features

Sara Creenan _M_T_ October 29, 2020

I am playing with the export/import feature and notice a lot of data elements are missing when you move it over. Is there another way to move the data over so it is not missing? Maybe with a script or something? What we want to do is have a copy of the data in next gen and also move over to Baseline so we can have the data in both places.

1 answer

0 votes
Daniel Ebers
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 31, 2020

Hi Sara,

I assume you are referring to the export knowledge base article referenced over here.
They are intended to restore a cloud site.

In case you want to import data to a different solution the best way probably is a CSV export.
Also in that case it is possibly (and even likely) that not all information is exported.

As for your question for a script - at least I can say that you can access Jira cloud next-gen projects using REST API. There is no turnkey solution to my knowledge so you would have to do the coding part yourself, unfortunately.

Cheers,
Daniel

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events