Existing Linked Issues Counter

Boris Maksimov December 2, 2019

Hello!

I wasn't able to find an answer for this in the AC, so here's a new question.

I am using a JSD automation to create an issue in a separate Jira Software project upon JSD case transition. So...

WHEN: Status Changed (of an issue in SUP project)

IF: Status = "In Development" AND "Request Type" is not EMPTY

THEN: create an issue in another project (DEV) ("is cloned by" link type, with inherited summary: ${sourceissue.summary})

Now suppose the DEV issue (the clone) is returned to SUP, but after some testing it needs to go back to DEV. If I simply transition it to "In Development" again, my automation will create yet another linked issue. I would like to avoid that. I thought I would create a linked issue counter and prevent new issues from being created if it is > 0. But...

Turns out that I cannot do this with JQL. After some research, I believe it is impossible without additional apps. I am test driving Scriptrunner, but it appears that while it's possible to produce a list of linked issues (using issueFunction), there is no obvious way to produce a simple count. With it I would only need to update the JQL in my IF clause with something like "...and issueCount>0". Can someone push me in the right direction or recommend another solution/extension?

Thank you!

BM

0 answers

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events