It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Existing Linked Issues Counter Edited

Boris Maksimov I'm New Here Monday

Hello!

I wasn't able to find an answer for this in the AC, so here's a new question.

I am using a JSD automation to create an issue in a separate Jira Software project upon JSD case transition. So...

WHEN: Status Changed (of an issue in SUP project)

IF: Status = "In Development" AND "Request Type" is not EMPTY

THEN: create an issue in another project (DEV) ("is cloned by" link type, with inherited summary: ${sourceissue.summary})

Now suppose the DEV issue (the clone) is returned to SUP, but after some testing it needs to go back to DEV. If I simply transition it to "In Development" again, my automation will create yet another linked issue. I would like to avoid that. I thought I would create a linked issue counter and prevent new issues from being created if it is > 0. But...

Turns out that I cannot do this with JQL. After some research, I believe it is impossible without additional apps. I am test driving Scriptrunner, but it appears that while it's possible to produce a list of linked issues (using issueFunction), there is no obvious way to produce a simple count. With it I would only need to update the JQL in my IF clause with something like "...and issueCount>0". Can someone push me in the right direction or recommend another solution/extension?

Thank you!

BM

0 answers

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Published in Marketplace Apps & Integrations

Now Available: AWS Service Catalog Connector for Jira Service Desk

We are excited to share that AWS Service Catalog Connectors for Jira Service Desk (JSD) Cloud and JSD Server/Data Center are now available in the Atlassian Marketplace. Users can now request admin-ap...

287 views 0 1
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you