Exalate is faster than scriptrunner: values are not correctly updated

pasquale_scandurra January 24, 2023

Hi,

I'm facing an issue with my sycn solution.

On the server side I have a scriptrunner routine that update a custom field. Such custom field is expected to be synched with its counterpart on the Cloud side.

The issue is that, when exalate starts, scriptrunner is still working so it can't manage to update the value as expected.

Then when I simply trigger another update adding a comment, the new value is synched as expected.

I'm wondering if there's a way to start exalating when the scriptrunner has completed its task

1 answer

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 30, 2023

Interesting one, I assume your Scripts are being run as a listener, rather than a post-function (Exalate syncs at the end of a transition, post-functions finish within them, before the event Exalate looks for happens, if I am still up to date with the architecture)?

Anyway, yes, I think this is one for the Exalate team.  I think SR might be able to re-trigger the sync, but it would probably be better to have something in Exalate that delays the sync until SR has had enough time to avoid doing it twice.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events