Error while uploading Test Cases using Zephyr

Priyadharsini Natarajan February 13, 2015

Hi Team,

I am trying to upload test cases from EXCEL sheet to JIRA using Zephyr Test Cases importer tool. While uploading, i am seeing the below error:

Sat Feb 14 12:27:22 IST 2015 file:///C:/Users/m8070839/Desktop/GM1.5/Uploader.xlsx Testcase name not exists in '' block
Sat Feb 14 12:27:22 IST 2015 file:///C:/Users/m8070839/Desktop/GM1.5/Uploader.xlsx normalization failed..!

I am attaching the sample excel sheet for which i tried importing. 

Can anyone resolve my issue?

6 answers

1 vote

Hello there,

I am getting error zephyr importer utility failed but no details had been provided,please advise how to debug this issue? ThanksScreen Shot 2019-03-27 at 19.58.25.png

1 vote
venkatesh kv September 18, 2018

I am finding this error after importing the excel file, can someone please help me to resolve this ?? 

Error: Testcase name not exists at '6' row 

Prince dhanraj_J April 30, 2021

roman numbers like (i) or under Slash or not allowed 

1 vote
Vaishnavi Chheda February 2, 2017

After i finish the import it gives a message: "import successful" but i dont see where the test cases were imported.

There is no issue created.

Please help!

0 votes
Abinaya Sundaramoorthy March 21, 2019

After i finish the import it gives a message: "import successful" but i dont see where the test cases were imported.

Swapna Kumar Vemula [Zephyr]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 22, 2019

Hi Abinaya,

If the import is successful you will be able to see the testcases from Tests -> Search Tests option. Do you see any errors before the import successful message in the importer ? 

I suggest you to submit a support case through our support portal https://support.getzephyr.com/hc/en-us so that we can assist you in a better way.

Regards,

Zephyr Support

0 votes
Priyadharsini Natarajan August 25, 2015

Thanks much team

Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 25, 2015

Hello Priyadharsini, Thanks for the confirmation.We hope your were able to import tests successfully. We are glad to announce that the custom field support was extended with the latest verisons of ZFJ Importer Utility(Release 0.34). Please access the below link for more details https://bitbucket.org/zfjdeveloper/zfj-importer/wiki/Home. Kind Regards, Zephyr Support

0 votes
Rising Star
Rising Star
February 14, 2015

Hello Priyadharsini,

Thanks for sharing sample excel.

It seems the discriminator you have used is not appropriate to the format of excel. We have tried to import the file and not able to do so because of security content settings enabled. However, we imported successfully by duplicating the excel data. Please find the below mapping that imports your excel successfully.

Importer_Map.png

Please make note of below points for a success import :

1) After we select type ‘Test’, we will want to take a look at the file we will be importing to select a proper Discriminator, Row Number, and columns to map. 
2) Each test step should be in a different(new) row no matter remaining fields are empty. 
3) Discriminator should be appropriate as explained below the excel format. 

• By Id Change - Utility checks for external Id change for each Testcase (not teststeps), if you map the Id field of teststeps it treats the step to be a testcase.
  • By Empty Row - Utility checks for an empty row between each testcase. If no empty row exists all the testcases are treated as one testcase.
  • By Testcase name Change - Utility checks for the Testcase name change for each testcase in the excel rows for the mapped Name field in excel. 

4) Starting Row should be the first row # of testcase data in excel excluding headers. 
5) Cells should not be merged or should not contain multiple steps in one cell.

*ZFJ Importer Utility supports all the major fields though it has some limitations with custom fields, Mostly duplicate custom fields for Label/Assignee/component/version fields are not supported.

Please try out the mapping suggestions including other fields which are mandatory and let us know if you face any issues further.

Regards,

Zephyr Support

Vaishnavi Chheda February 2, 2017

There is no issue created.

Please help!

Like AshiniIshanka likes this
Ash
Rising Star
Rising Star
February 17, 2017

Same with me

Like AshiniIshanka likes this
Ashu Katyal May 26, 2017

I am facing same issue, what's the possible cause?

Disha Suryawanshi August 23, 2017

where i can see the test cases in JIRA

Like Dominika Ciesielczuk likes this
Leonard Collins July 16, 2020

If you open JIRA and go to the Epic for which you linked your tests you should see them linked to that JIRA epic.

Otherwise you can Search Tests and see them listed in your results (of course you have to know what criteria upon which to search).

Regards,

Leo

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events