Embed a folder with custom columns validation

Maximilien VARIOT June 26, 2020

Hi community !

I'd like to turn some Confluence pages into knowledge hubs for topics. More precisely, I'd like people to gain access to all material and docs produced on a specific topic and contribute at the same place, in a summary table like asset, within a Confluence page.

To do that, several options were tried (I'm using Confluence Cloud):

- Embedding an Excel with links pointing at Sharepoint locations -> it's visually terrible and not interactive

- Creating a Confluence table -> better, but there's no way to help people contribute with drop down lists or preselected options, underlying content is scattered + Confluence page has to be edited every time

- Airtable / Trello embedding -> there's some info I'd rather keep on Confluence & Sharepoint / not pushing on Trello and Airtable

At some point I realized I'd rather create a folder somewhere and make it interactive

- Sharepoint / Teams docs are super handy in that regard, because they allow to add custom columns to the folder details, providing an hybridation between storage emplacement and summary table (cf. below).

Sharepoint column enriched folder example.png

But as of now the embed macro just provides the list of documents (which leads to an information loss, cf. below).

Sharepoint Confluence macro example.png

Would anyone have a workaround / found a solution not listed above? Or know if there's any roadmap on the Atlassian side to tackle this issues (I cam across many Excel like doc embedding posts on the forum).

Best Regards,

Maximilien.

PS : I'd rather not use Excellentable since it's not free

0 answers

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events