Email notification not sent for Assigned testers in TM4J.

VIjayakumar Pandi December 18, 2019

Hello,

We are using TestManagement For Jira (Jira cloud). In TM4J email notification not sent to the assigned testers when assigning testcases in testcycle. 

Is there any option for Email notification when assign the tester. If so, how can I configure it. 

Please advise ASAP.

Thank you.

2 answers

0 votes
Антон Тимко July 17, 2020

When can I expect ScriptRunner for TM4J for Jira Cloud?

0 votes
Carussel (no-reply) January 28, 2020

Hi,

It seems this feature is missing but there is a workaround but for that you need the Scriptrunner add-on aswell.

"

I'm afraid, we currently do not have this functionality to notify users. However, this is something we are planning to implement in the future. I have linked this feature request to this ticket and we will notify you when we have any updates regarding this.

"

Although we did not impement this solutions on paper it looks fine:

• Create a Scriptrunner listener to listen for the event "TestCycleChangedEvent" / "TestCaseChangedEvent" and detect if the Test Cycle / Test Case has been assigned to someone.
  • In this Script, extract the ID of the Test cycle / Test Case.
  • Using TM4J's Rest API you can extract all information about this cycle, including the test cases within. You can find the documentation for this here 
  • Using the information you extract, you can also use the script runner to fire an event and based on that event a mail can be sent about the change.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events