Email formatting with JEMH 1.2.3 without the license

NeelimaM May 15, 2012

Hello,

I have installed JEMH 1.2.3 without the license and using the configuration file. However, I would like to change the email notification text when the issue is created. How do I change this as I cannot see a profile because I am not using a license. Should i go and edit the jar files that are located in the plugins directory? Any help on this would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

4 answers

0 votes
NeelimaM June 4, 2012

Hmm..This is weird because I implemented "adding sender as watcher" in my old company and I just confirmed that its still working. I did this with the configuration file itself.

Andy Brook [Plugin People]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 10, 2012

Good lukc it it worked, I certainly remember re-implementing it in the UI. I would ay thought that the configuration file isnt 'supported', its a generally untested configuration that should work, back to community level support for that. For a full evaluation of JEMH, you should get an Eval license and take it for a spin. Many functions are simply not available in the _current_ configuration file. Please mark something as answered if its answered, want to keep JEMH related questions marked as such if possible!

0 votes
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 22, 2012

As it happens, automatically adding the sender as a watcher was never implemented in the days of the configuration file.

Please dont expect documentation to reflect whats achievable with the free mode, its not going to work out that way, the functionality available is limited. You'll need to get the UI version for a lot of the functionality mentioned, specifically the 'return' component if setting up with non-jira users...

0 votes
NeelimaM May 20, 2012

Hi Andy,

thanks so much for your reply. This does help me a lot. We are in the process of evaluating JIRA for our company on a wider scale and thats why I would like to setup the free version and push for JIRA. Once this works, We will definitelty buy the UI version as its much easier to use. I did try modifying the jar and seems to work. I did alter the config file but one thing that I couldnt get to implement was to add the sender as watcher. Is this feature completely removed from the free edition or am i doing something wrong? I followed the UI instructions on "Set up as helpdesk system" and implemented the same in the configuration file but doesnt seem to work. Any thoughts are greatly appreciated. Hopefully, we will move to UI version soon.

thanks,

Neelima

0 votes
Rising Star
Rising Star
May 18, 2012

Hi Neelima,

Thats pretty much why there is a UI! pre 1.0 was becoming unbearable in support as well as usage.

If you're dead set on the free route then you will likely have to modify the JAR resources by hand, and upload. And if you get it wrong, repeat, and repeat.

Just to clarify, some features have been withdrawn from the free mode. The only template available for modification is 'indicateSourcedByEmailTemplate='.

NeelimaM May 20, 2012

Hi Andy,

thanks so much for your reply. This does help me a lot. We are in the process of evaluating JIRA for our company on a wider scale and thats why I would like to setup the free version and push for JIRA. Once this works, We will definitelty buy the UI version as its much easier to use. I did try modifying the jar and seems to work. I did alter the config file but one thing that I couldnt get to implement was to add the sender as watcher. Is this feature completely removed from the free edition or am i doing something wrong? I followed the UI instructions on "Set up as helpdesk system" and implemented the same in the configuration file but doesnt seem to work. Any thoughts are greatly appreciated. Hopefully, we will move to UI version soon.

thanks,

Neelima

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events