Editing macro at the page through ScriptRunner for Confluence

zaharovvv_suek_ru
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 14, 2020

I have a confluence page. 

Is it possible:
1. Find macro on the page which has name `Page properties`
2. Is it possible to update fields of macro `Page Properties` such as `Тип`, `Код`, `Модуль` programmatically through Confluence API?
3. Is it possible to delete field such as `Ссылка` programmatically through Confluence API?

I've attached an image to the message to clarify what I want.
Is it possible to do?

Confluence page for forum.png

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Sven Schatter _Lively Apps_
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
January 14, 2020

Hi @zaharovvv_suek_ru,

yes, this is possible! It just requires quite a bit of programming on your side. In fact, our Confluence app Diary actually makes use of this exact mechanism. Except, it doesn't use the Page Properties table, but a table inside it's own macro body. However, if you think it helps you, you can go have a look at how we did it. :)

Basically, you first want to get the Storage Format of your page via the Confluence REST API. You can then parse the XHTML, change the <table> in the Page Properties Macro however you want, and save the manipulated Storage Format again, using another Confluence REST API endpoint.

I've also already answered a very similar question to this over at the Developer Community - might also be worth checking out.

Best regards,
Sven

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events