Editing Program Details

Emma July 1, 2021

Is there a way to change a program to include other issue types without starting over with a new program?

3 answers

0 votes
Elizabeth Cranston _Easy Agile_ July 12, 2021

Great to chat with you @Emma and Gopal

Here's the link to our public roadmap if you want to see what we have coming up.

You can also check out our latest releases on our feature log

Have a great day

Emma July 13, 2021

Thank you very much Elizabeth! Really appreciate your time.

Best,

Emma

0 votes
Emma July 6, 2021

Thank you for your reply, Elizabeth! Correct, confirmation that the Program Configuration can't be changed after creation is what we were looking for. Just to make sure we're understanding, the existing program that we were looking to change would have to be lost when starting a new program with the configuration changes? Easy Agile doesn't seem to allow boards to be used in multiple programs and there is not export option for the existing board that it seems like will have to be deleted. We appreciate your time! 

0 votes

Hi  

Thanks for reaching out.I’m Elizabeth, the Product Manager for Easy Agile Programs. 

Are you talking about changing the program configuration?

If this is the case, then unfortunately this isn’t possible at the moment. 

I would be interested to understand more about your use case. If you’d like to jump on a call please book in a session here.

As you have suggested, the way around this issue at the moment is to start a new program.

I hope to speak with you soon,

Thanks 

Elizabeth

Senior Product Manager, SAFe 5 Program Consultant

Emma July 6, 2021

Thank you for your reply, Elizabeth! Correct, confirmation that the Program Configuration can't be changed after creation is what we were looking for. Just to make sure we're understanding, the existing program that we were looking to change would have to be lost when starting a new program with the configuration changes? Easy Agile doesn't seem to allow boards to be used in multiple programs and there is not export option for the existing board that it seems like will have to be deleted. We appreciate your time! 

Hi @Emma 

Yes, you are correct. When creating the new program with a different configuration, you'll have to move the boards to the new programs as we currently don’t allow for boards to be shared across multiple programs. We have a story in backlog to fix this but no ETA at this stage.

One workaround I can offer, is to create new boards in Jira with the same board filters/data then add these to your new program. This way you will be able to see old increments in the old program and new increments can be planned and visualised in the new program, using the new boards.

Happy to discuss this in more detail when we meet next week,

All the best

Elizabeth

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events