EazyBi - sprint original estimate at closing

Robert February 2, 2021

Hi! I have been challenged to create specific report for my team. We're using original estimated hours field in order to plan workload, so the value of this estimation has more less same meaning for us as story point. Now I want to catch this estimation value and group it by issue status at the end of the sprint - so practically I'm looking for something similar to "Sprint Story Points at closing" but for Original Estimated Hours.

Just to complicate it a bit i tried to create calculated member formula to count this value for example for issues in progress, so in my case with status "In development" or "Code review".

Sum(

Filter(

Descendants([Issue].Currentmember, [Issue].[Issue]),

[Measures].[Issue status] matches ("In Progress|Code Review")

),

(

[Measures].[Original estimated hours],

[Logged by].DefaultMember

)

)

and as you can see my problem is with issue status when I try to use this formula for closed sprints, because it takes current status and not historical one (so at the moment of sprint closing).

So my question is: am I close to the solution of my problem or should I approach subject differently? 

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Sir Mārtiņš Vanags
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 4, 2021

Hi Robert,

You are right, using that formula the calculation would filter issues by the current status which is not what you need in your case.

Try this formula:

Sum(
Filter(
Descendants([Issue].Currentmember, [Issue].[Issue]),
Aggregate({
[Transition Status].[In Progress],
[Transition Status].[Code Review]
},
[Measures].[Sprint issues at closing]
)>0
),
(
[Measures].[Original estimated hours],
[Time].Currenthierarchy.Defaultmember,
[Sprint].Defaultmember,
[Logged by].DefaultMember
)
)

Martins / eazyBI support

Robert February 4, 2021

Thanks Martins - that's what I was looking for!

Now the total numbers are ok, but what's weird now I have some huge performance issues when I'm trying to show those numbers for each assignee. Could it be connected with complexity of this formula?

Sir Mārtiņš Vanags
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 4, 2021

@Robert 

Yes, this is a complex calculation.

When selecting this measure make sure that "Nonempty" cross join is enabled for your report.

https://docs.eazybi.com/eazybijira/analyze-and-visualize/create-reports#Createreports-Pagedimensions

Martins / eazyBI team

Like Deleted user likes this
Robert February 4, 2021

Thanks Martins, that helps a bit. 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events