EazyBI grouping on text field

Peter Dierckx September 2, 2020

We get alerts from the same reporter. Getting those records is no problem. But I need an overview (totals/month) of the different types of alerts (issues).
I succeeded in retrieve one type of alert by "Issue name matches legal", but then I get the individual records. Just want the aggregate. Using this syntax "aggregate{...}" gave me a lot of errors, probably did something wrong in the selection (I'm farely new into this)
I also need the aggregate of more of these issues by the same reporter by choosing other matches (WWOOM, attest etc...) All of this should be in 1 report.
Hopefully my question is clear.

1 answer

0 votes
Roberts Čāčus
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 24, 2020

Hi @Peter Dierckx ,

To aggregate members which a particular word or phrase in the issue summary, try defining a new calculated member in the Issue dimension.

Depending on the number of issues imported in the cube, the calculation could get heavy. See the formula below:

Aggregate(
Filter(
[Issue].[Issue].Members,
[Issue].CurrentMember.Name MATCHES '.*As a user.*'
)
)

The result then could look similar to the one below:

Screen Shot 2020-09-24 at 15.59.53.png

I don't recommend defining and using such calculated members in the Issue dimension excessively as they can degrade the performance of the reports. 

The best option would be defining a new custom field and adding the necessary options - legal, WWOOM, attest, etc. Then you can import this custom field as a dimension and use it to determine the number of issues for each value.

If that is not possible, the other performance effective alternative is defining JavaScript calculated custom fields in eazyBI advanced settings. Read the eazyBI documentation page for more information on that - https://docs.eazybi.com/eazybijira/data-import/custom-fields/javascript-calculated-custom-fields.

Best,

Roberts // support@eazybi.com

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events