EazyBI - Average Story Cycle Time

Stephan Dreyer August 11, 2017

Hi,

my company is currently evaluating the EazyBI plugin for creating KPIs for our teams.

Now I want to create a "Story Cycle Time" measure for agile sprints which is described as:

Average number of working days user stories were in a "committed to done" state on a sprint-by-sprint basis.

A story is for us in progress when the first subtask is started. This should be plotted against the sprint axis. I am almost sure that this can be accomplished, but don't know how.

Thanks in advance for assistance.

1 answer

0 votes
Phill Fox
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 12, 2018

Hi Stephan

I would approach this in several steps some of which will require you to use third party plugins.

1. Capture (in a hidden field) the time when a story moves to "In Progress" using a Post Function

2. Automatically move any issue from "To Do" to "In Progress" when the first subtask transitions to "In Progress"

3. Capture (in a hidden field) the time when a story moved from "In Progress" to "Done"

4. Store the value between the two fields populated in 3 and 1 above.

Optional extras

1. Have a post function to clear the Completed time field and calculated duration if an issue is moved out of "Done"

2. Move the story to "Done" when all subtasks are completed.

Hope this gives you a few ideas of how to break down the solution.

Regards

Phill

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events