Easy Agile Story Map Card Customization

David Thompson September 24, 2016

The cards in the story map lose a good portion of card data.  It would be nice to be able to configure what needs to be displayed on the card much like the JIRA boards do.  Just inheriting the card configuration from JIRA would be helpful to know what state each card is in on the board.

1 answer

7 votes
Nick Muldoon
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 26, 2016

Hi Tom,

Great suggestion and one we've heard a few times before. We've got this on the backlog and I'll make a note to reach out to you when we begin exploring it.

Thanks Tom, have a great day,
Nick

Nicholas Muldoon
Easy Agile, creators of Easy Agile User Story Maps and Easy Agile Roadmaps 

Mike January 11, 2018

Nick, please post me too on this. I'm using story maps but the current layout/format really limits their value.

Meanwhile, here's a possible workaround that might be easy for you to implement. What do you think?

1. Make epics expand so they can display more than two lines of text without scrolling -- just the same way as stories do.

2. Give us a way to embed a blank line in the name (ie the "Summary" field for stories or the "Epic Name" for Epics). That way I could write a multi-line name. For example:

Action: Set up new customer account

Who: Bank manager

Frequency: Daily

Priority: Critical

See what you think - Mike Dash

Seamus Kieran
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 11, 2018

Hi Mike, just stepping in for Nick here.

This sounds like an interesting idea, I would love to hear more about your use case around it. Could you please send an email to support@easyagile.com to discuss this further?

We will also be sure to notify you via email when this feature becomes available.

Thanks Mike, I'm looking forward to hearing from you soon.

Kind Regards,

Seamus Kieran

Easy Agile Support Team

Nick Muldoon
Rising Star
Rising Star
February 12, 2018

Hi Mike, Tom,

I'm following up here as I got an interesting suggestion from a customer this week - showing the sprint field when on the version swimlane mode, and showing the version field when on the sprint swimlane mode.

Would that provide any benefit?

A bit more context around why this is difficult, Jira does not provide an API to retrieve the card configuration of the agile board. That functionality is tracked on:

I encourage you to vote and comment on both of those issues to show Atlassian your desire for them.

Regards,
Nick Muldoon

cc/ @David Thompson@Mike

Paul Miller July 25, 2018

Nick/Seamus, how is this progressing? as ideally we'd like to see the Story Points and Client on the Card Summary on the Map; as this would allow easier prioritising of work direct from the map rather than having to go into each item one by one.

We have started putting the client on the description, which is OK, but its just a work around and doesn't work for multiple clients.

Cheers

Paul

Nick Muldoon
Rising Star
Rising Star
July 26, 2018

Hi @Paul Miller,

Story Points are shown on the card today - caveat, you need to be on a Scrum board to set an Estimation statistic as Jira Software doesn't yet support estimation on Kanban boards (JSWSERVER-7265 and JSWCLOUD-6175).

As for additional custom fields such as your Client field - for this we are awaiting Atlassian's addition of a public API for the agile board card layout (JSWSERVER-13728 and JSWCLOUD-13728).

Thanks Paul, have a great weekend.

Regards,
Nick Muldoon
Easy Agile

Ed Campbell October 26, 2020

Hi Nick, 

Just wondering - any update on this topic? Recently installed your add-on for a large Data Center, and loving it so far - but this was one of the first questions I got when showing it to a user group. 

Thanks!

Nick Muldoon
Rising Star
Rising Star
October 26, 2020

Hi @Ed Campbell,

No update to report as there has been no changes in the Atlassian Jira APIs. Having said that we did introduce the Quick Issue View to Easy Agile apps this year, and that allows you to get access to and edit more fields at a click.

What field types are you looking at adding to the card?

Thanks Ed.

Regards,
Nick

Ed Campbell October 27, 2020

Nick, thanks so much for the reply. Custom fields would be awesome, but I understand it's a pipe dream with no API changes. Out of curiosity is there a way to disable the themes if they are not needed? Seems like the app forces a minimum of one; you can delete addition if added but I'd love to hide the "issues without themes" line and the "my theme" line, if we don't want themes activated.

Thanks!

Nick Muldoon
Rising Star
Rising Star
November 19, 2020

Sorry @Ed Campbell, no way to disable issues without themes, or the first theme.

Thanks,
Nick

Nick Muldoon
Rising Star
Rising Star
January 13, 2021

Just a quick test for @Matthias Gaiser _K15t_ - let's hope it works first time!

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events