How do I create an e-mail field in my trello cards?
I'm trying to use Zapier and Gmail to send individual emails when the card is moved to a "completed" list.
I use trello for the progresse of works. I want to send an automated e-mail to the client when the work is done.
When I was doind the integration, I didn't know how to tell zapier wich is the client's email to be send to as I don't have this informatio
Can you help me?
I've not used this before but from a quick look and test I think this works.
1. Add the free 'Custom fields' Power-up to your board
2. create a custom field called 'Customer Email' (under the Power-Up menu on the right hand side) - here you will add in your customer's email address for that card.
3. then use we can Zapier to send an email when a card is moved to the "Done" list.
Here is how I configured Zapier
4. When you set up the Gmail integration you can use the custom field as the entry for the email address you want to send the update email to (here I used "Customer Email".
Bonus: Another custom field on the Trello card could be used in the body of the email as the name of the customer. eg Hi 'Tom', etc...
5. and you can edit the Gmail settings below that
6. Here I can see the email was sent successfully to my personal email address
Hope that helps!
Thank you very much for your answer. It looks like the perfect solution.
Unfortunatelly I use the free version of Trello. I tought it could use up to 4 power ups, but it looks like they've changed it and it is only possible to have 1 power up. As I need to have the custom field AND the Zapier power up, I'm still thinking of what to do.
But it was an amazing help you gave me!
Thank you very much.
No worries! Glad it was helpful.
Ah yes you can only use one Power-Up on the free account.
However, unless you are using Zapier for another reason on that board, you shouldn't need it as a Power-Up for the solution I described above. I didn't have it enabled when I tested it.
Hi Dan. Thank you so much for this. Unfortunately Im not able to get this to work. It is recognising that there's anything in the custom fields. Have you had this problem? I see above it also says "no data" in the client email field. This is what I get also and it won't work.
Any help would be much appreciated.
Atlassian's marketplace partners have had a very productive start to 2021! Since our last roundup, our developer community has added over 160 new cloud apps to the Atlassian Marketplace to help you...
Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!Find an event
Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!
Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.Host an event
You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events