Duplicate Scriptrunner log entries from the console

Steven Mustari
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 17, 2021

I am getting immediate duplicate log entries from running scripts from the script console. This may be happening from listeners as well I have some cases it seems to but I can't 100% replicate.

I only have a single line that would print to the log that is not in a loop, unsure how this happening, I'm guessing the logging module is being loaded twice somehow?

Could someone please point me in the right direction?

Screen Shot 2021-02-17 at 5.13.14 PM.png

Screen Shot 2021-02-17 at 5.12.50 PM.png

1 answer

1 accepted

4 votes
Answer accepted
Steven Mustari
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 17, 2021

Adding this line fixed it.

log.setAdditivity(false)

Not sure why though, this seems like new behavior to me.

Steven Mustari
Rising Star
Rising Star
February 18, 2021

I thought this was the answer, I sat back down this morning, and now I get no results in my log.

I had to remove this line I added to get any log results, however yesterday, I had to have this line to remove duplicates. Nothing in the environment has changed to my knowledge.

Now, I am truly perplexed.

Tom Hudgins June 9, 2021

Did you ever find a solution for this? I'm now seeing the same thing with my Scriptrunner logs and I can't figure out why it's happening.

[Edit: We ended up bouncing our Jira instance and that solved it. Strange]

Steven Mustari
Rising Star
Rising Star
July 22, 2021

@Tom Hudgins 

Sometimes I noticed when I was changing something and had a "blip" (Lets be technical here) or an overflow that didn't actually crash everything these process threads would sometimes end up "stuck" open somehow and a bounce usually fixed the issue. I remember at one point it was either 2 lines for every entry or no lines.. and I think that's when the bounce fixed it for us.

Not a very technical answer, but it's been quite some time since I've experienced this or remember this particular issue. Just trying to do a bit of recall here.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events