Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drop-down lists, filters, custom colors, and more in Confluence tables with Elements Spreadsheet

New features in Elements Spreadsheet for Confluence version 3.5

Elements Spreadsheet 3.5 has just been released, with new features like drop-down lists and custom colors, to help make your Confluence tables even better.

Elements Spreadsheet on Confluence page.png

Here's a preview of our latest features.

Create drop-down lists in Confluence

Everyone's been there: you have a large table of data and are filtering or sorting and discover that type-o's are creating problems. Or you need to create a large table with just a few options repeating in certain cells and copying and pasting is getting old fast. In Excel you would have used Data Validation to create a drop-down list. Luckily with Elements Spreadsheet you can create drop-down lists for your tables in Confluence and keep on collaborating.

Using the side-bar to manage filters and lists, you can set create and modify the choices for your drop-down lists. As you can see in the picture, the list "Type" is used in the selected cell, and the three options are visible when you click on the small blue arrow in the cell.

Drop down lists in Confluence Elements Spreadsheet.png

The lists you create can be used in all the tabs you create in your Elements Spreadsheet, and are easy to modify with drag and drop reordering of list options and even drag and drop ordering of all your lists. Cells that use a drop-down list work with the formulas available in Elements Spreadsheet, so you can concatenate cells or use VLookup.

Get creative with custom colors for your tables

Five pastel colors enough for your Confluence tables? Not for us either. Elements Spreadsheet has offered 40 colors, but with the latest release, you can now create custom colors. Want lots of color coding for your data? Want to set your brand color with the hex color code? Get your 🌈 on!

Elements Spreadsheet custom colors for tables in Confluence.png

User mentions in your table

Elements Spreadsheet really embraces the Confluence look and feel, and that's why user mentions are available. It's the perfect solution when you need to list colleagues in a table that also uses formulas, filters, and drop-down lists but don't want email notifications.

User mentions in Elements Spreadsheet table for Confluence.png

Prevent concurrent editing

To make sure no one's data gets over written by someone editing the spreadsheet at the same time, Elements Spreadsheet has notifications when the file is being used by a colleague. How does it work? If you open an Elements Spreadsheet someone is already editing, you get a notification (1 in the image) that the file is being used by someone else, and you can just consult it in read-only mode. And as soon as they've closed the spreadsheet, you received a second notification that you can edit the file by closing and re-opening it.

Elements Spreadsheet concurrent editing notifications.png

Make beautiful tables on Confluence Server, Data Center, or Cloud

Elements Spreadsheet is available on Server, Data Center, and Cloud, with all of these functionalities, plus useful things like import/export to Excel, so you can embed spreadsheets right on your Confluence page.

Update your version or try it for free from the Marketplace:

https://marketplace.atlassian.com/apps/1212486/

5 comments

Comment

Nancie Gari July 2, 2021

I am looking for a way to filter down by user picks...meaning filter left to right to show available items to choose from.  Would this be a good choice to use in my wiki page?  Main content search would be parts so as you can imagine there are many shapes and sizes available to choose from.  Thank you

Laura Campbell _Seibert Media_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 12, 2021

Hi @Nancie Gari I'm not sure I understand your question.

You want to filter left to right, so hide/display columns?

Wait, I think what you mean is to have dependent fields, so if you chose something in A2, the drop down options in B2 are based on that option.

This isn't possible with Elements Spreadsheet currently, since you can't create conditions for activating a list.

I'm not sure what you mean about main content search; do you have an example?

Hope that helps!

Laura 

Like • Nancie Gari likes this
Nancie Gari September 28, 2021

Thank you Laura - That is exactly what I wanted the the display to do.  Much like shopping online...pick Women, Pants, Size, Color...and your available results are shown.  Thanks for your reply. 

Nancie Gari September 28, 2021

Maybe you can help me figure out why my panels are not aligning top?  I have 3 column page and the first 2 are aligned top but the 3rd seems to have dropped down a space.  No matter what I do I can't get it to move up.  This has happened on a few of my pages.  Not sure what I am doing wrong.  Panels are nested inside section only.

Laura Campbell _Seibert Media_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 29, 2021

Hi @Nancie Gari ,

It's not easy to identify where the problem may be without an image. I would recommend contacting our support team at Elements with some screenshots so they can help you sort it out: https://support.elements-apps.com/portal

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events