Draw.io - "Drawing is too large" error in iFrame with background image

Elvis Bucatariu April 19, 2020

Hi,

I recently made a conceptual diagram for a school project using Draw.io. To this map I added a background image and I'd like to embed the map into a website. The issue is that every time I try to generate the iFrame code, the program gives me an error which says "Drawing is too large".

I have resized the background image many times but the error persists and I don't know what should I do to solve it. I would also like to mention that the iFrame code works when I only use a background color, but not a background image, and I am also able to save the map as a PNG or JPEG.

I attach a screenshot with this error and I would greatly appreciate any kind of help or advice on what should I do.

Best regards,

Elvis B.

2020-04-20_1-45-06.png

1 answer

0 votes
David Benson _draw_io_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 20, 2020

This is in Confluence Cloud?

tom breathnach April 26, 2020

Hi David,

I am having this exact same issue.

This is just using the draw.io site directly, no confluence server involved.

I can export to html, but options to embed by iframe or html, give the same (Drawing is too large) error.

I've tried resizing too, my file is about 2mb, and 8 pages with a few layers on each.

Exporting to html does work and the file runs fine locally on my laptop, but I am trying to embed it into a Wordpress site, so the iframe would be great to be able to use.

If there are any clues you might have on what is causing this limitation it would be great to find out, I've already been hunting a lot for an answer and can't find much on the topic.

Thanks 

Tom 

David Benson _draw_io_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 26, 2020

Please post non-Atlassian questions to https://groups.google.com/forum/#!forum/drawio, this forum is Atlassian only. Thanks.

Like tom breathnach likes this

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events